.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, February 08, 2008
Favorite Ingredients Friday - Valentine's Edition

These brownies stand as my favorite chocolate recipe. In fact, it's been far too long since I made a batch. I need to get on it.

Today, I thought I'd share what is making me a happy camper these days. There is not much I like better than a nice hot mocha, especially when you're living through one of the wackiest, coldest, wettest, snowiest winters. Stopping to buy a $4.00 mocha each morning wasn't working for a couple of reasons. Hello??? $4.00 a day? I don't think so. There is also the fact that there's not really any place on my way to work that sells them.

One of my Christmas presents was this little darlin'.
It now lives in the cabinet above my desk. Each morning, I make a large travel mug full of yummy French Roast coffee. I love coffee, but have never embraced black coffee. I like it with cream and sugar. Okay, milk and sugar. Nonfat milk and sugar. You get the idea. Keeping milk at work is not really an easy solution. I've used the powdered stuff and the little flavored tubs, but they weren't perfect.

I now have perfect.

Each morning at home I heat up a travel mug's worth of milk, about 14 ounces, and stir in

Pour it into my

And bring to work. When I get to work, it's a crazy beginning of bringing Sera to the daycare, where we play for about 15-20 minutes. I then run to the office, get my mail, and run through the student gauntlet making my way upstairs. My goal is to be upstairs before they unlock the doors to students. Students aren't allowed on the second floor until 7:30. I usually have five minutes to spare. I drop off my coats (yes, plural) and my bags (still plural) and run to a computer lab. I get there just before the students arrive. I supervise the morning lab until 1st period beings at 7:55. All this time, I know what's waiting for me.

Once the tardy bell rings, I run to my office and make my pot of coffee. I pour half into my travel mug. I then fill my mug with the hot mocha, and pour the rest of the coffee into the thermos. I now have a mocha almost as good as a barista can make at a fraction of the cost and convenient to boot. Plus I get a refill!

Not a typical recipe, but it's working for me these days.

Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more fantastic recipes!

Past FIF recipes:
Vegetable Beef Soup
Stuffed Cabbage Soup
Raspberry Pie & White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pie
Breakfast Granola
Shrimp Creole
Lazy Man's Lasagna & Apple Cake
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Jim's Favorite Jelly Cookie
Eye of Round Roast
Mozzarella & Tomato Sandwich
Marcia's Taco Soup
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Cajun Baked Catfish
Jim's Snickers Pancake
Crawfish Monica
Grilled Meats and Vegetables over Saffron Orzo
Crockpot Red Beans
Better Than Almost Anything Cake
Fruity Sangria
Outrageous Brownies
Enchiladas de Pollo
Lescó
Catalina Chicken
Croissant French Toast
Corned Beef
Sloppy Joe, Mac 'n Cheese Casserole
Shredded Chicken
Baked Bean & Burger Casserole
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Crab Rangoon
Sausage con Queso and Ro-tel Cheese Dip
Blueberry Multigrain Coffeecake
Banana Bread
Bananas Foster
Old-Time Beef Stew
White Chocolate Snack Mix
Gorilla Bread
Ginger Shrimp
Roast Chicken
Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ

Labels: ,



8 Comments:

Blogger Eileen said...

Black coffee here! Nothing added! YUM! :-)

Blogger Annie said...

I ♥ Valentine’s Day! Looks YUMMY!
blessings!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

Blogger Lorie said...

I am a hot chocolate fan!

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Now this sounds like a winner to me. I do NOT like plain black coffee. You have to add chocolate and this sounds like a winner to me. Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!

Blogger Kiy said...

Um, omgoodness. I am SO all over this idea. I too have to have my coffee 'contaminated' as my hubby would say. Creamer and blue packs. But, I am lovin' this idea and I actually have one of those little coffee pot doo dads, just never too it out of the box to see what it did. Thanks for the kick in the pants I needed! :)

Have a great weekend,

Kiy

Blogger Jodi said...

Mmmm... brownies!!!

Blogger Tammie said...

While I can drink my coffee black, it is by far not my first choice. I love to have some sweet 'n low & creme brulee creamer in my cup.

As for my Starbucks addiction, I can't help it. That's what makes it an addiction. I will admit that I don't buy the stuff unless I have a gift card. Thankfully, between my students' parents & my friends, I always have a supply of gift cards in my wallet.

I'll have to try your recipe though. I love a good hot mocha, & yours sounds perfectly yummy.

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Magi, you are so clever with your morning mocha recipe! I'm going to have to try out the brownie recipe. Thanks for sharing that link!

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday Chocolate Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again this Friday!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG