.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, June 29, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday - 4th of July Edition


A few weeks ago, we tried this awesome cake at our friends' house. The next time I went shopping, I bought the ingredients and made it for Jim's Father's Day dinner. The store was having a 2 for 1 cake mix sale, so I had to buy two boxes. I think I'll make another version for the 4th. I made the first one with the caramel topping and Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting. This time I'm going to try the fudge topping with the whipped topping as frosting. The recipe is also on the back of the Betty Crocker German Chocolate cake mix box.

Better Than Almost Anything Cake

1 box German chocolate cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 jar (16 to 17 oz) caramel, butterscotch or fudge topping
1 container Fluffy Whipped White Frosting or (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 bag (8 oz) toffee chips or bits

1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Bake cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan.
2. Poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with handle of wooden spoon. Drizzle milk evenly over top of cake; let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake. Drizzle with caramel topping. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
3. Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with toffee chips. Store covered in refrigerator.

Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more fantastic recipes!

Past FIF recipes:
Fruity Sangria
Outrageous Brownies
Enchiladas de Pollo
Lescó
Catalina Chicken
Croissant French Toast
Corned Beef
Sloppy Joe, Mac 'n Cheese Casserole
Shredded Chicken
Baked Bean & Burger Casserole
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Crab Rangoon
Sausage con Queso and Ro-tel Cheese Dip
Blueberry Multigrain Coffeecake
Banana Bread
Bananas Foster
Old-Time Beef Stew
White Chocolate Snack Mix
Gorilla Bread
Ginger Shrimp
Roast Chicken
Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ

Labels: ,



9 Comments:

Blogger Lorie said...

This is a really good cake

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it does sound better than almost anything! Mmmmm, thanks for sharing!

OOOOO! That cake sounds awesome! I could use some of that right now. Thanks for sharing :) Happy 4th too!!

Blogger Mrs.T said...

I have made a very similar cake -- with the whipped topping, not frosting. And it is delicious! This is a great idea to take to a July 4th gathering. People love it.

Happy 4th!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With that title and those ingredients, it has to be good! Thanks for sharing it!

Blogger Jenn said...

That sounds way too good!!! I've never seen a german chocolate cake mix though....I wonder if it is like devils food? HUH?!

Thanks for this one, I think I gained lb. just fantasizing about it....LOL

Jenn

Blogger Shelby said...

this sounds deeeeeee - lisheous :)

enjoyed your blog this morning!

take care and here's hugs!

Blogger Michelle said...

Now that sounds like a cake! I've got to make this one!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh yeah, I've had this cake before...only I know it by a different name. ;) I've found it tastes best if you leave it in the fridge overnight before serving...the cake gets nice and soaked with the carmel & milk.

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- 4th of July Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG