.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, August 04, 2006
Five Ingredients Friday
I’m new to this, but those who know me know how I love to cook. The challenge is going to be limiting to five ingredients. I like the challenge. My first offering isn’t really original, but it’s a favorite around here.

Pulled Pork BBQ

1 pork shoulder
2 T vinegar
1 cup of water
clove of garlic
1 btl of your favorite BBQ sauce (I recommend Sweet Baby Ray’s)

Place first four ingredients in a crock pot. Cook for 8-10 hours on low heat. Remove meat and drain the crock pot. Shred the pork and return to empty crock pot. Add the bottle of BBQ sauce and cover. Cook long enough to heat through, approximately 30 minutes.

I like to make this ahead as it freezes beautifully. It tastes as good as any restaurant pulled pork, but so much cheaper. Place it on buns, add some cole slaw, and you are set.


For more Five Ingredients recipes, visit here.


4 Comments:

Blogger Mall Worker said...

That sounds so good, and so easy! I'm going to have to try this!

Blogger Barb said...

We love barbecued pork. This sounds really good and the fact that it's a crockpot recipe makes it all the better. Thanks!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I love crock pot recipes! I'm trying this one because my "boys" love BBQ pork!

Thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange.

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you all enjoy the recipe. I guess I should confess that I never measure. I just splash in the vinegar and add some water. As everyone knows, you don't need a lot of liquid in a crockpot recipe. You just need some in there to keep it from drying out. The vinegar helps tenderize the meat so it shreds easily. I've also left out the garlic, added onion, etc... It's a very forgiving recipe.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG