.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, January 19, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday


The last time I went to Trader Joe's, I bought a new (to me) product, and then it sat in my pantry. I finally tried it out last weekend. It's Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking and Pancake Mix. I love multigrain pancakes, but I never make pancakes. That poor box just sat waiting for me to make pancakes, and it wsn't happening. Sunday afternoon, I picked up the box and read the recipes on the side. I decided to make one, and it was awesome. I'll give you the original recipe, and what I substituted if I didn't have the ingredient.

Blueberry Coffee Cake

1) 1 egg
2) 1 cup buttermilk (I didn't have buttermilk. Put 1 T lemon juice in measuring cup and add milk to equal 1 cup)
3) 3 T oil
4) 2 1/2 c Multigrain baking mix
5) 1/2 c sugar
6) 1 1/2 c fresh or frozen blueberries (I used unsweetened frozen berries - a mix of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.)

In a large bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, and oil. Stir in baking mix and sugar, just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Spread batter into an 8"x8"x2" pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 45-50 minutes (it was more like 1 1/2 hours) in preheated 350 oven, or until top is golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Cut into squares, and serve warm.

This was amazing when it was warm, and good when it cooled off. I recommend you eat the entire thing right away! I plan to play around some more with this baking mix. It definitely has potential.

Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more fun recipes!

Past FIF recipes:

Banana Bread
Bananas Foster
Old-Time Beef Stew
White Chocolate Snack Mix
Gorilla Bread
Ginger Shrimp
Roast Chicken
Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ



14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear god my mouth is soooo watering for that. And warm? With Coffee? YUM!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear god my mouth is soooo watering for that. And warm? With Coffee? YUM!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear god my mouth is soooo watering for that. And warm? With Coffee? YUM!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy and healthy! Thanks for sharing!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, I'll have to go to Trader Joe's and buy some of that multigrain baking & pancake mix. Thanks for the tip and the recipe! :)

Thanks also for taking the time to participate in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it!

Blogger septemberfirst said...

yes, i joined the adoption blog world: i figured it would be easier then sending out so many group e-mails... it's an easy way to let all interested parties know what's going on (or NOT going on :)... which usually warrants a post in and of itself).
thanks for your vote and have a great weekend!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds really good. I have a Costco sized bag of mixed berries and a Trader Joe's not far away... I may have to try it for myself!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that sounds really good...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

blueberries sound so YUM right now.....

Jenn

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh that sounds SO delicious! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, I can't wait to make it! Have a great weekend =)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is would be great for me to take to our class on Sunday mornings. Thanks for sharing!

Blogger Pamela said...

Trader Joes was unbeknownst to me, till my SIL gave me an enormous gift basket from TJ's. All of their products were surprisingly good! Love the looks of this recipe and will try it soon. Thanks Magi!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge TJ's fan. I shop there almost every week. Wonderful product selection and great prices. I will have to try this recipe!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Magi. Wow. You've posted a lot of recipes in Overwhelmed's Favorite Ingredients Friday. It's really nice the way you've got them listed. I wish everyone did this. Occasionally I try to find a recipe I saw out here somewhere and it's almost impossible to go through all the blogs and dig around looking for it.

Your list is a great idea. And this recipe is a great idea, too!

I read through your last few posts while I was here and I agree with you about parchment paper. I'd never be without it. I love it too.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG