.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, January 26, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday - SuperBowl Edition!


The first time I had this dip was at our good friend, D's mother's house. We were over for some family event that escapes me now. I don't think it was Christmas, but it doesn't matter. She had a bowl of this hot dip out, and I thought it was the best thing ever. I was so surprised when I learned how simple this dip was to make.

Sausage con Queso Dip

1) 1 lb. Bob Evans Zesty Hot Sausage
2) 1 lb. Velveeta
3) 1 small tomato, diced
4) 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, drained

In large saucepan, crumble and brown sausage over medium heat; drain. Cut cheese into cubes, add to sausage. Cook, stirring frequently, until cheese melts. Add tomato & chiles. Serve with tortilla chips.

This recipe is so easy that I'm tossing it in as a bonus. My sister had this out for snacks when my husband and I were visiting with them on our way home from the beach. It's a 17-hour drive for us, so it's nice to be able to stop mid-way.

Ro-tel Cheese Dip

1) 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2) 1 can Ro-tel Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained

Mix well. Can be served immediately or after being chilled. Best with Fritos.

Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more Super Bowl-inspired recipes!

Past FIF recipes:
Blueberry Multigrain Coffeecake
Banana Bread
Bananas Foster
Old-Time Beef Stew
White Chocolate Snack Mix
Gorilla Bread
Ginger Shrimp
Roast Chicken
Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ



12 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Just put sausage and green chiles together in one bowl and I'll call it "super"! I love that combination and I will definitely make this one! :)

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

How did you know that I'm a sucker for Fritos! :) I think both of these dips will work well with Fritos. I'm so excited to try them! I have a mini crockpot that I can use to keep the dip warm.

Thanks so much for taking the time to participate in my Super Bowl Sunday edition of my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I do appreciate it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make this alot and love it...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this at every football party I go to but I've never asked for a recipe. I love it! Thank you for sharing this =) Have a great weeekend!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear, Magi, you post the best recipes. I have no earthly idea how I'm going to narrow our super bowl feast down to a reasonable number!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome!

Linda

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum!
This sounds really good.
Thanks for the comment.
I also agree, Target is awesome! :)
Annie

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had the pleasure of tasting the con Queso recipe - yummy! The Ro-tel sounds equally delicious! I will try it soon. Thanks!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we had target up here in Canada!!!! :( but your recipe for Con Queso yum-oh!!!Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a new one on me, something I think the hubby would like. Hugs!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Thanks for visiting me. Your recipes sound great. I think I would like anything that included Rotel. :)

Blogger Michelle said...

both of those dips sound wonderful! Especially the sausage one, my hubby would love that! Thanks so much, I'm saving these!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG