.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, September 07, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday - Italian Edition

I don't know about you, but I love the Food Network. I have several shows I really enjoy watching. For years, I've watched the cooking shows with Giada, Ina, Paula, and Rachel. Not to leave the men out, I've also enjoyed Michael and Tyler. Lately, however, I've really enjoyed Dinner: Impossible, Ace of Cakes, Diners Drive-ins, & Dives, the Challenges, and Next Food Network Star. One show, however, that I've never really cared for is Semi-Homemade. It's a shame because that's how I cook. This week's recipe proves that.

This dish has a history. My sister, Jessica, has always been a veal/chicken parmesean fan. Good veal parm is hard to find, so she usually got chicken. Years ago, she showed me how she makes it at home. I soon made it the same way. It's so good and so easy. I adapted this recipe a few years ago when I was working as a manager at Borders. The management staff decided to treat the rest of the staff to a homecooked meal one day during the Christmas shopping season. That's when Jessica's Chicken Parmesean became a casserole. Measurements are sketchy because I've never measured it. I just make as much as I need.

Chicken Parmesean Casserole

1. 1 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts or tenders
2. 1 egg
3. water
4. Italian bread crumbs
5. olive oil
6. 2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce
7. 1 lb angel hair pasta
8. 2 c. shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350.

Cut chicken into large bite-sized pieces. Mix egg with water to create a wash. Dip chicken in wash and then roll in bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Brown chicken in olive oil. Remove chicken from pan when browned, and set aside.

Cook pasta in large pot filled with boiling water. Drain when it is slightly underdone. Toss pasta with enough pasta sauce to thoroughly coat.

Pour pasta into a 9"x13" pan. Top with chicken pieces. Cover completely with pasta sauce, and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake approximately 30-45 minutes or until bubby and cheese is starting to brown.

This recipe is extremely flexible. You can add mushrooms, olives, onions, green peppers, etc... to the sauce. You can even make the sauce from scratch. It really isn't that hard. I've done all sorts of variations. This makes a huge amount and is a rib-sticker!

Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more fantastic recipes!

Past FIF recipes:
Cajun Baked Catfish
Jim's Snickers Pancake
Crawfish Monica
Grilled Meats and Vegetables over Saffron Orzo
Crockpot Red Beans
Better Than Almost Anything Cake
Fruity Sangria
Outrageous Brownies
Enchiladas de Pollo
Lescó
Catalina Chicken
Croissant French Toast
Corned Beef
Sloppy Joe, Mac 'n Cheese Casserole
Shredded Chicken
Baked Bean & Burger Casserole
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Crab Rangoon
Sausage con Queso and Ro-tel Cheese Dip
Blueberry Multigrain Coffeecake
Banana Bread
Bananas Foster
Old-Time Beef Stew
White Chocolate Snack Mix
Gorilla Bread
Ginger Shrimp
Roast Chicken
Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ

Labels: ,



9 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Scott loves Chicken Parm anything...so I will be making this I'm sure....thanks for sharing and I too love the food network.

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

How clever of your sister to make this into a casserole. I will definitely be trying this one out. Thanks!

Blogger Lorie said...

Yummy, I am definately trying this!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't wait to try this one! Thanks for sharing!
And I'm a huge fan of the Food Network too! My favorites are Ace of Cakes, Diners Drive-in & Dives, and Unwrapped!

Blogger Kim Davis said...

That sounds GREAT (and something that my kids would eat as well. I'm such a sucker for casseroles!!

Blogger Eileen said...

I'll have to see if Jay would like this. I think so. I'm a vegetarian so it's not for me. :-)

I like Ace of Cakes and The Next Food Network Star as well as anything Rachael Ray. Lindsey knows Rachael and Paula Deen. :-) For awhile there she was more interested in watching cooking shows than cartoons.

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Hey, great looking recipe! :)

I love Ace of Cakes too, I even Tivo it.

Thanks, Magi, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Italian Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM!!!! I am printing this now!

Blogger Renee said...

I love Foodnetwork too! Paula and Rachael are my favorite but I really like Guy's Big Bite too. Your recipe sounds wonderful...I can't wait to try it out!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG