.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, October 20, 2006
Five Ingredients Friday and How We Spent Our Thursday Evening


Wow, I'm late today. My schedule is all discombobulated. Last night was a lot of fun. Jim and I went to a scrapbook party. Yes, you heard me right. Jim came with me. He is putting together a scrapbook of his memories of the Tigers and their season this year. He wrote the most beautiful entry page to our future daughter and is making this for her. He thinks all the embellishments and stickers are "lame," but he's enjoying the different paper. The last game of the NLCS was on, spaghetti was served, and the hostess plus the other attendees at our table all work at his school, so he fit right in. The ladies at the other table were all jealous and asking me how I was I able to drag my husband to scrapbook. I was able to get the first five pages of our 100 Good Wishes Quilt scrapbook finished. I haven't scrapbooked before, but I really had a good time. If you want to see a wild night just put a group of teachers together on a Thursday night when we don't have school the next day. We were wild and daring. We drank CAFFEINE! AT NIGHT! And we stayed out until 11:ooPM!!!! I know, TMI.



Now the reward for reading through the above. This is a truly great recipe. I've brought it in to work and everyone loved it. It's so easy and so tasty. I got this recipe from my friend, Joan, on a cooking message board.

Pumpkin Dip

2 c canned pumpkin
2 8-oz pkg cream cheese
2 t ground cinnamon
1 t ground ginger
4 c powdered sugar

Serve with:
Gingersnaps, sugar cookies, vanilla wafers, or graham cracker sticks

Combine pumpkin, cream cheese, cinnamon, and ginger; beat until well blended. Add sugar; beat until smooth. Serve with gingersnaps or sugar cookies or graham fingers. Yield: 4 cups

This makes a huge amount. I don't see why it couldn't easily be cut in half if you don't need this much.

OW at Overwhelmed with Joy seems to be off schedule, too. [UPDATE: The links are up. Poor OW was down with food poisoning. Yuck!]Go check out the rest of the recipes at her site.


9 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Magi, how fantastic is this! I love the idea of Pumpkin Dip, especially with Grahm cracker sticks. :)

Blogger Eagles Wings said...

Yummy that sounds too good! I'm gonna have to try it..I love almost anything pumpkin....

p.s. I love it! your hubby scrapbooking...look out it's addictive!
Blessings

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dip sounds fantastic. I think I'll make it for an upcoming spa party that I'll be hosting. Thanks for sharing!!

Blogger Rae said...

Aww, I finally got my boy into scrapbooking too. He surprised me with one on one of our anniversaries. I love it when men scrapbook ;) It sounds like you teachers had fun!

The pumpkin dip sounds yummy, and it's perfect to serve right now too. I can't wait to try it with some graham crackers!

OW is back now, just so you know. I was starting to get a little worried about her, turns out the poor thing was sick. Thanks for sharing the recipe! =)

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Yes, I was a bit off schedule. I guess food poisoning will do that to you. :) I'm feeling better now, thank goodness.

Your pumpkin dip sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing!


And thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredient Friday recipe exchange.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like an awesome recipe!! I wonder if it would taste good as a fruit dip?? My kids love to dip their apple slices into stuff;)

Blogger Unknown said...

It would be fantastic with apple slices, and that would be a much healthier choice than sugar cookies. :o)

Wow! I have never heard of this. We love pumpkin. Thanks for the recipe!!

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I just have to try the pumpkin dip. It sounds wonderful but even more...scrapbooking. I have wanted to try it and this winter I should actually have some time. Thanks bunches!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG