.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, October 13, 2006
Five Ingredients Friday and a whole bunch more!
It's Friday the 13th, the one year anniversary of our dossier being registered in China, game 3 of the ALCS, and Five Ingredients Friday! Wow, what a busy day!

First, I'll begin by wishing everyone a happy Friday the 13th. I've always had very good luck on this day. Also, happy anniversary to all my fellow October 13ers. I know we're all struggling with the wait. Who knew we'd ever hit one year and still not have our family together. I'm taking heart from the fact that our dates are starting to show up in the new projections.



The Tigers are back in Detroit for games 3 & 4 of the ALCS. Jim and I will be there shivering our butts off. The high temperature is predicted to be in the 40's. We'll be the ones bundled in three layers of clothing, our winter coats, and a blanket. Why is it that stadiums seem so much colder than other places? Jim is enjoying this season with the Tigers. He has either watched or listened on the radio to every one of the 160+ games they've played except for two. I've reminded him that this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience because next season we'll be parents and he won't have that level of freedom. Muwahahaha!

And, finally, my recipe for today!




Oven Fried Chicken

1 lb. chicken tenders
½ c mayonnaise
2 T mustard
¼ c parmesan cheese
2 c finely crushed cornflakes

Mix mayonnaise, mustard and cheese. Spread on chicken tenders, and then roll in cornflakes. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place tenders on cookie sheet at bake at 400 for 20 minutes

This is the recipe as I originally received it. I didn't use anywhere near that amount of the mayonnaise mixture for one pound of chicken. In fact, I made that amount for 2 1/2 pounds and still didn't use it all. I must put on a pretty thin coat. These are really tasty and a great substitute for the fried version. The mustard and parmesan add a really subtle boost to the flavor.

Vist Overwhelmed with Joy to find more great recipes. I hope everyone has a great Fall weekend!


8 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Love the sound of Oven Fried Chicken and it would be so much healthier than the fried version! :)

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Yeah, fried chicken without frying! Perfect. This really sounds wonderful! Thanks bunches!

Blogger Jenn said...

Yum....sounds like a keeper. Thank you!
Jenn

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

First off, I'm sorry your China adoption journey is taking longer than you had hoped. You are in my prayers. Please keep us posted on the progress.

As for your recipe, I like this healthier version of fried chicken. Thanks for sharing!


Thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange!

Going forward, here's what I think I'm going to do. I'm going to change the name to "Favorite Ingredients Friday" and allow my participants to decide how many ingredients they want to post, while encouraging them to keep it as simple as possible. :) What do you think?

Blogger BlondeBrony said...

This would be a hit in our house and most of the ingredents are things we always have around. I love it.

Blogger Rae said...

Chicken is my favorite and these sound yummm-my! Thanks for sharing =)

Blogger Pug Mama said...

happy one year!!!
and yes, i am a big enough person to say congrats on the tigers going to the world series.
notice what time it is - yours is the first blog i checked because of the win.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, yummy! These chicken tenders sound really good. I've done one with parmesan, but with bread crumbs. I bet the cornflakes make it even crispier :)

Have a great day!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG