.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, January 12, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday


Apparently I have bananas on the brain. Here's another banana recipe. This is by far the best banana bread recipe I've ever made. I split the recipe between two loaf pans and freeze one. It freezes really well.

Banana Bread

1. 1 ¼ c flour
2. ½ t baking soda
3. ½ t salt
4. 2 lg eggs, room temperature
5. ½ t vanilla
6. ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
7. 1 c sugar
8. 3 ripe bananas, mashed (or 1 cup)
9. ½ c chopped pecans
10. ½ cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a 9”x5”x3” loaf pan. Sift flour, baking soda and salt, set aside. Whisk eggs & vanilla together, set aside.

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter mixture and mix until incorporated. Add the vanilla. (The mixture will appear curdled.)

With a spatula, mix in flour mixture. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts; then pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more fun recipes!

Past FIF recipes:

Bananas Foster
Old-Time Beef Stew
White Chocolate Snack Mix
Gorilla Bread
Ginger Shrimp
Roast Chicken
Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ


4 Comments:

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Sweet! I make my banana bread with chocolate chips too! I love the combination of banana and chocolate.

Thanks for sharing and for participating in my FIF recipe exchange! Now go add your link on my blog. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some banannas I have to use up soon, I'll have to try your recipe, I think i have all the ingredients on hand.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me!!

Blogger Michelle said...

I love some good banana bread! I just bought bananas the other day too, so by the middle of next week I'll have a couple left to make this recipe - thanks!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG