.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, November 10, 2006
Favorite Ingredients Friday


By now, it should not come as a surprise to anyone who knows me that I love shrimp. It is, by far, my favorite food. Years ago, my aunt made this recipe for somebody's shower. I could have eaten the entire thing by myself. In fact, I bought my first Tupperware jello mold just so I could make this recipe. I like the Tupperware version because it has a removable middle part and when you pop the seal on it, it releases your salad without breaking it. I've made this a gazillion times since I got the recipe, and then I lost the recipe. I found this one on-line last year when I wanted to make it for a party, and it's pretty close. I had to add the hot sauce to it, but the rest was spot on. Without further ado, I present Shrimp Mold. :::I really should come up with a prettier name for this:::


Shrimp Mold

1. 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
2. 2 (.25 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
3. 1/2 cup cold water
4. 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
5. 1 cup mayonnaise
6. hot pepper sauce, to taste
7. 1 pound cooked shrimp, chopped
8. 1/2 cup green onions, minced

Heat soup in a small saucepan or in a microwave oven.

In a medium bowl, stir gelatin into cold water. Mix hot tomato soup into the gelatin liquid.

In a medium size mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise together. Mix soup mixture into the mayonnaise and cream cheese mixture. Mix well. Add shrimp, celery, and green onions.

Spoon the mixture into a 1 quart mold and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight. Unmold onto a serving plate before serving. Serve with crackers.

Please visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more fun recipes.


6 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Magi, this look fabulous! You have me so enthused I can't wait to try it. Best looking recipe of the day! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog. Love it!! Some of my favorite things are on your blog: cooking, coffee and China adoption!!! I will be back.

Blogger Rae said...

Yum! My favorite food besides calamari is shrimp..so I've gotta give this one a try. Thanks for sharing =)

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, these look so beautiful! Just in time for the holidays. :)

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredient Friday recipe exchange.

Blogger Eagles Wings said...

No doubt, I love shrimp too!!!
Everytime we would go out to eat, my husband would say do you want to order something beside shrimp...NO WAY! I think I'll enjoy this one!
Blessings

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Awesome! This looks so nice and festive and I love shrimp!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG