.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, May 11, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday


UPDATED: I ended up making this dish the following week. This recipe just wasn't doing it for me so I found another one. It was delicious.

Catalina Chicken

1-1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c apricot preserves
1/2 c Catalina dressing
1/2 envelope onion soup mix

Brown chicken in skillet. Mix preseves, dressing, and soup mix and pour over chicken. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.




I typed this up last night. I do find it somewhat ironic that Catalina Island is all over the morning news. I hope the fires end soon.

I recently found this recipe stashed away. I've never made it, but got it from someone who brought it to my house years ago when I hosted a carry-in dinner party for my staff. I thought the ingredients sounded awful together, but it was delicious. I got the recipe from them and then forgot all about it. I'll be trying this again soon to see if it's as good as I remember.

Chicken Catalina

1 whole chicken or its equivalent
1 jar of apricot preserves
1 bottle of Catalina dressing.1

Place chicken in bottom of crock pot. Mix preserves and dressing together and pour over chicken. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.

Serve over rice.

Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more fantastic recipes!

Past FIF recipes:
Croissant French Toast
Corned Beef
Sloppy Joe, Mac 'n Cheese Casserole
Shredded Chicken
Baked Bean & Burger Casserole
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Crab Rangoon
Sausage con Queso and Ro-tel Cheese Dip
Blueberry Multigrain Coffeecake
Banana Bread
Bananas Foster
Old-Time Beef Stew
White Chocolate Snack Mix
Gorilla Bread
Ginger Shrimp
Roast Chicken
Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ

Labels: ,



11 Comments:

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Wow, you can't get much simpler than this recipe! I would've never thought about the combination of apricot preserves and Catalina dressing. Sounds good!

Thanks for participating!

Blogger Jenn said...

I bet this would be good! Nice for a large gathering, too, since it's so easy =)

Jenn

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the fire ends soon too!

But this recipe sounds so easy and yummy! Thanks for sharing!!!

Blogger Lorie said...

This sounds so good! Thanks!

Blogger Annie said...

I haven't seen the info on catalina dressing, there is always some food item in the news... scary huh?
Looks good, I am not a fruit fan, but love sweet & sour so I think I would like this too. thanks!
Happy Mother's Day!
♥~Annie

Blogger Sandra said...

Great recipe, thank you for sharing :)

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Nice and easy and I love new chicken recipes. You just can't go wrong with chicken.

Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

YUMMY!

Linda

That recipe looks fantastic!! I'm always looking for new chicken recipes. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an easy recipe! I am all about easy when it comes to cooking. Thanks!

Blogger Michelle said...

this sounds great and so tasty - and with only 3 ingredients you can't beat that!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG