.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, February 16, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday


This recipe I originally made a few years ago to take to a party. This is an annual party given by some friends of ours. The majority of the guests are male; all the guests are big eaters. I thought this sounded like something that would go over well. It was a huge hit. I doubled this recipe, and it filled my huge crockpot. When I doubled it, I added different beans to increase the variety. I used black beans, cannellini beans, and baked beans, too. The other day, I made a mini version for dinner. I hadn't made it since that party and Jim was thrilled when I told him what was for dinner. I just let the mini version simmer on the stove for a few hours, and it was just as good.

Baked Bean & Burger Casserole

1/2 lb bacon, diced
1/2 lb hamburger
1 onion, chopped
1 can pork & beans
1 can butter beans (drained)
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1/2 cup ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 heaping tablespoon mustard
2 tsp vinegar

Cook bacon and put aside. Brown hamburger and onions in bacon grease. Drain and add to crock-pot. Add the remaining ingredients, including the bacon bits. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more fantastic recipes!

Past FIF recipes:
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Crab Rangoon
Sausage con Queso and Ro-tel Cheese Dip
Blueberry Multigrain Coffeecake
Banana Bread
Bananas Foster
Old-Time Beef Stew
White Chocolate Snack Mix
Gorilla Bread
Ginger Shrimp
Roast Chicken
Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ

Labels:



10 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Sounds great, I love beans in all varieties!
Have a blessed Friday.
Annie

Blogger Jessica said...

Mmmmmm, this sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it!

Blogger Pamela said...

Looks delicious! We have a lot of guys with big appetites around here too! Enjoy your day! :)

Blogger Colleen said...

That sounds really good!!!

Blogger Jim McClain said...

It IS really good! Can we have it again this weekend??

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Hey, I think my dad used to make this for us when we were kids, but I've never had the recipe. Now I do! :)

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday scalloped corn recipe exchange. I do appreciate it!

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

This is a sure winner around our house... a hungry man's meal!

Thanks!

Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Wish I had some of this for lunch today!

Great recipe

Linda

Blogger Rae said...

Ooo this sounds like something that my family would go crazy over! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing! =)

Blogger FamilySnows said...

We are definately a bean family. I will make it this week!

Thanks for checking out my recipe - I posted early because we were out of town until now!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG