.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, August 18, 2006
Five Ingredients Friday


I'm going to get kicked out of Five Ingredients Friday for inability to count, but this recipe is too good to not share. This comes from a restaurant that catered my wedding and all three of my sisters' weddings. Though not usually offered on their catering menu, they've made this Apple Cheese for us each time. It's one of their Sunday Brunch items. To us, it's a family favorite. I hadn't made it in a long time as I lost the cookbook years ago in a flood when I lived in New Orleans. My step-mother got the recipe for us after my sister's wedding last May. I hadn't had it in years, but it was just as good. It sounds strange, but you have to taste it.

THE GIFT HORSE’S FAMOUS
APPLE CHEESE

9 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
13 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
1 sleeve round, buttery crackers, crumbled
1/2 cup margarine, melted

Simmer apples in boiling water until tender. Remove from water, drain and place a layer in buttered casserole. Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle over apples. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.

Check out Overwhelmed with Joy to find more Five Ingredient recipes.


6 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Wow, this recipe sounds scrumptious and I am so intrigued I can't wait to try it, Thanks for sharing.:)

Blogger Trisha said...

That sounds simply delicious and not that difficult to make. Thanks for sharing!

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

This sounds wonderful! A must try and a nice variation for apples. Thanks!

Blogger Sandra said...

That sounds SO good, thanks so much for sharing this recipe :)

Thank you also for stopping by my blog :)

Have a great weekend.

Blogger Michelle said...

I don't mind that it has 6 ingredients :) This sounds like it would make a really tasty snack - and we love apples and cheddar cheese in our house! I'm going to make this one!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, don't worry, I'm not about to kick you out of the Five Ingredients Recipe exchange when you post such a yummy recipe like this! What's an extra ingredient or two among blogging friends. :)

I love cheese and apples so I'm going to try this one!

Thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG