.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, January 05, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday


There are certain things that all tourists feel compelled to do when they visit New Orleans. One of them is to have breakfast at Brennan's, the flagship restaurant of the Brennan family dynasty. Since I was never a tourist in New Orleans, I have never had the pleasure. Isn't it funny how locals don't take advantage of many of the famous places. Brennan's is also famous for having invented Bananas Foster.

Just because I haven't eaten at Brennan's doesn't mean I haven't partaken of Bananas Foster. It's an amazingly easy dish with a lot of wow appeal. It's fun to serve to guests and amaze them with your culinary ability. Keep the fire extinguisher close by, just in case.

Bananas Foster
Brennan’s Restaurant – New Orleans

1. 1 c. brown sugar
2. ¼ c. butter
3. 4 ripe banana, peeled, cut in half and then slice lengthwise
4. ½ t cinnamon
5. ¼ c. banana liqueur
6. ¼ c.. dark rum
7. 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream

Melt brown sugar and butter in deep skillet over low heat. Add banana and sauté until tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Remove pan from open flame and add banana liqueur and rum. Return to stove and carefully ignite the sauce. Baste with the warm liquid until the flame burns out. Serve immediately over ice cream.

4 servings.


Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more fun recipes!

Past FIF recipes:

Old-Time Beef Stew
White Chocolate Snack Mix
Gorilla Bread
Ginger Shrimp
Roast Chicken
Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you went and messed with a girl who's been good all week... (cept for now...where I am having a nice glass of wine).

I LOVE BANANA'S FOSTER!!! It is one of my all time fav. desserts. I had it at the Brennan's "sister" restaurant in Vegas...the name is slipping by me right now - but it was soooo good. Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.My.Goodness. I have never had bananas foster, but this recipe is a definite keeper. I'm dieting, but I'll save it for when I need to cheat:) Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting!

Blogger Michelle said...

You absolutely can not go wrong with that recipe - it has all those great ingredients! I've heard of banana foster before, but I've never had it - now I need to make it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never tried banana foster. I'm curious now, it sounds great, and the taste...uhmm...it must be wonderful.
Thanks for the recipe. Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH YUM YUM YUM
I've never had this, but I have certainly had bananas fried in butter with maple syrup poured over....I didn't think anything could beat it, but this sure looks even better!!!!

Jenn

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea this dessert was so easy to make. I will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Blogger Dawn said...

This recipe looks so great!! I'll have to try it when we have company over for dinner so I can "wow" them!!

~Dawn

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I've never attempted a dessert like this, but I know just the couple that I'd like to invite over for dinner one night and wow them with this recipe!

Thanks, Magi, for sharing and for participating in my FIF recipe exchange! :) I hope to see you back again next week.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds awesome. A must try for sure! Thanks!

Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

OOOH this looks yummy! I remember a gazillion years ago, working as a waitress in a fine dining restaurant, and serving this to people. WAY GOOD!

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG