.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, December 01, 2006
Favorite Ingredients Friday!


This one has to be short and sweet.

Roast Chicken I

1 whole chicken
olive oil
1 lemon, quartered
1 onion, quartered
1 garlic bulb, cut in half to expose cloves
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Rinse your chicken; be sure to remove all the inside surprises. Pat dry. Lightly salt & pepper the cavity of the chicken. Place onion, garlic, and lemon inside. Rub the outside of your chicken with olive oil, and lightly salt and pepper.

Place internal thermometer in the fleshy part of the thigh being sure not to hit bone. Cook until temp reaches 175. Remove from oven and let sit for about 10-15 minutes so that juices settle. Just enough time to make a gravy.

For even more flavor, have your chicken sit on a bed of potatoes, carrots, and onions. They make a tasty side dish and add flavor to your gravy.

Roast Chicken II

1 whole chicken
olive oil
lemon pepper
garlic salt
paprika

Preheat oven to 425. Rinse chicken; be sure to remove all the inside surprises. Pat dry. Rub the outside of your chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle the inside and outside with your seasonings. Go heavy on lemon pepper and light on garlic salt. Rub the spices in to the skin.

Place an internal thermometer in the fleshy part of the thigh being sure not to hit bone. Cook until temp reaches 175. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes while you make gravy.

Both recipes are great. I always have the ingredients for the second version. I like the first when I have fresh lemons and a whole garlic bulb handy.

For more recipes, visit Overwhelmed with Joy!

Past FIF recipes:

Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice and Easy! :D

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Wow, both of these versions are so simple! I love it. :)

Thanks for taking the time to participate in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I do appreciate it!

Blogger Barb said...

Well this sounds wonderful, Magi. One of the best things about it is that buying a whole chicken is so economical.

I was just looking at your list - you've posted quite a variety of great recipes. Great job!

Blogger Rae said...

Yummy! A bonus recipe too! I can't wait to try them out, they sound delish. Thanks for sharing! =)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love roasting a chicken. We get at least 2 meals out of it and I find it to be easy. Thanks for the 2 new recipes. I can't wait to try them:)

Blogger Unknown said...

That's why I like roasting a chicken as well. I roasted one on Friday for dinner. On Sunday, I made creamed chicken with most of the leftovers, and on Monday, I put the carcass into a pot with onions, carrots, and celery to make broth. I froze about half the broth. With the other half, I was able to get enough meat off the bones to make a decent chicken and noodle soup. Three meals and some homemade frozen chicken broth. Not bad for one $5.00 chicken.

Blogger Pamela said...

That is pretty darn impressive! Three meals for $5.00! Whew! Plus no chance of getting bad service in a restaurant, boy did we have a time the other day...only took 1 1/2 hours to be served and eat. I am still steaming over it!

Blogger Dawn said...

Wow!! This chicken recipe sounds absolutely mouth-watering!!

~Dawn

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG