.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Five Ingredients Friday



Last Christmas, I made homemade candy and filled quart-sized canning jars. This was a new recipe I tried then. It was the easiest one to make, and it tasted the best. I think it would be great with a layer of melted chocolate poured over the top, but then what wouldn't?

Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge

2 cups sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 Tbsp corn syrup
pinch of salt
2/3 cup peanut butter

Combine first four ingredients, and cook together until it reaches the soft ball stage. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Pour into buttered 8”x8” or 9”x9" square pan. This will set up quickly. Let cool, and cut into pieces.

Peanut butter can be smooth or chunky. You can use any kind of milk: whole, 2%, 1%, skim, even evaporated milk diluted with water. I used smooth peanut butter with 1% milk.

At the softball stage, this fudge is soft, but will hold a shape when cut. If you like your fudge a little firmer, cook it a little longer. My candy thermometer wasn’t working, so I cooked it over medium heat until the bubbles looked thicker and slower and not foamy. I was given this advice on a cooking board, and it worked great!

Guess what happens when you post a blog at 6:30 in the morning? Yep, it takes you until 6:30 that evening to realize you forgot to link to the blog that starts us off every Friday. Go check out Overwhelmed With Joy! to see more great recipes!


15 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

This sounds so good! This will be a big hit at our house!! Thanks.

Blogger Pamela said...

Magi, You know, I think this will be the first time I have made a fudge recipe without the marshmellows. We love peanut butter! Thanks!

Blogger Beck said...

Yummy! I love fudge.

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

You know, I must admit I've never been brave enough to try making fudge. I'm not sure why I think it's so complicated. Your recipe makes it seem easy! This holiday season, I'll probably be giving this a try.

Thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange.

And thanks for helping to spread the word to others! :)

Blogger Mall Worker said...

Oh, I just LOVE peanut butter. Thanks so much for sharing these, I'm totally going to have to make it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow... this sounds really good! PB is one of the things I crave (even after I had my baby) and it does sound even better with chocolate on top! I can't wait to try it! Thanks!

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, a lot of us must have a sweet tooth this week! Ha! This is a must try. I love fudge of any kind.

Blogger Rae said...

I love fudge + peanut butter, but I've never tried peanut butter fudge yet. I'm making this very soon. Thanks for the recipe! =)

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh my mouth is watering! Last year during the holidays my husband brought home some goodies from work and someone made peanut butter fudge - oh it was delicious!! I'm saving this recipe - thanks!

Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

This sounds soooo yummy... I will have to try it:)

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks to everyone for responding. Tammy, I did not wrap them individually. I just layered them. I made chocolate fudge, pb fudge, and chocolate bark. I used my pinking shears to cut squares out of Christmasy fabric and placed it between the lid and the ring before closing. They were really cute.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I want to make this right now..lol.. sounds soo good, but one question.. do I use brown or white sugar??
thank you
Mindy

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mindy,

I hope you come back as there isn't a link or email for you. I used white sugar. It's super easy and soooo good. Hope you like it!

Blogger Jessica said...

This is the best candy ever! I love peanut butter fudge, the only problem is I have to fight tooth and nail with my husband and daughter to get anywhere near it!

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jessica,
I'm glad you like this. We're big fans, too. Thanks for coming by!

p.s. I hope you come back to read this. Your profile isn't active, so I couldn't email you.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG