.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, January 25, 2008
What a Ride
Sorry for disappearing this week. It's been a bumpy one. Sera's had a cold since last Friday and had not slept through most nights since, until last night. On Wednesday night/Thursday morning, she woke up at 2:30 and NEVER went back to sleep.

Well, that's not true. Our alarm went off at 5:00, so Jim and I got up to get dressed. He was in the bathroom showering while I was sitting at my dressing table in our bedroom. Sera was on the bed playing with the video monitor. After a few minutes, I realized that the white noise hadn't changed in volume and she hadn't made a sound. I turned around to see her sitting up against my pillows, the monitor held on her lap between both hands, and her head tilted back, mouth agape, and sound asleep. I just shook my head at the irony. We lay in bed in the dark for 2 1/2 hours and she stayed awake. I had the lights on, and the TV playing the morning news, and she falls asleep. I took the monitor; she slid down the pillows and rolled over. I let her sleep until 6. She woke as I was changing her diaper.

Yesterday was also a long day at work. We had meetings after school. Sera is usually very good while I'm meeting with my department. Yesterday, she was into everything and calling mama nonstop. She was so overtired. We had two quick errands to run, so we decided to stop and eat dinner. We didn't want to waste anytime cooking when we were going home so late. We stopped at our new favorite Chinese restaurant, and tried all new dishes. Each one was absolutely fantastic. Sera ate almost an entire bowl of egg drop soup, plus a ton of shrimp and steamed rice. We actually didn't want her to go to bed early because we really wanted her to sleep through the night.

She went to bed on time and slept the whole night through. That means that Jim and I also got to sleep the whole night through. We were all so happy that we were giddy in the car this morning on the way to work. That's especially impressive when I tell you that it was -5 degrees this morning with a windchill of -21.

I meant to get a recipe together last night for Favorite Ingredients Friday, but the lack of sleep fried my brain. Today's theme is Superbowl Sunday. Go check out Overwhelmed with Joy to see what everyone else came up with today!

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

And did you think to get a picture of the cuteness that is Sera? I can just picture her holding on to the machine & laying there.

Blogger Unknown said...

Is the camera ever handy when you really need it? Of course not. It was in my purse downstairs. I do have some pictures of her from last week that I need to download though.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my sleep the most, but I would not trade Jane for it :)!

I love the kiss story you wrote below. Sooo sweet!

Blogger Kiy said...

Hope you guys are staying warm, and that darling Sera is feeling better. Poor baby!

Kiy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

We are researchers at the University of Texas and University at Buffalo working to better understand people's blogging behavior, and you are an ideal candidate to help. We would like very much to hear from you, and would greatly appreciate your time and willingness to respond.

Without your help, this kind of research would be impossible.

Please take a few minutes to read and answer the questionnaire on our research Web site: http://omega.uta.edu/~cyjang/blogsurvey/. It should take about 10 minutes of your time, and your answers will be very valuable.

Your identity will be protected because responses will be coded to provide anonymity; No personal names will be used. Of course, this is voluntary- by completing the survey you give your consent to participate. If you have any questions about the study or the questionnaire, please do not hesitate contacting us at your convenience. In the near future, we will be happy to share our results with you.

Thank you.

Chyng-Yang Jang & Michael Stefanone
------------------------------------------------
Chyng-Yang Jang
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication
University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19107
Arlington, Tx 76019, USA
cyjang AT uta DOT edu
(+1) 817-272-4142

Michael Stefanone
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication
The State University of New York at Buffalo
359 Baldy Hall
Buffalo, New York 14260
ms297 AT buffalo DOT edu
+1 716-645-2141

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG