.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, September 01, 2006
Five Ingredients Friday

This one can have as many ingredients as you like. I wish I could say it's a tried-and-true, but it comes from a reliable source. This source has tested it and swears it not only works, but tastes great. Apparently, it's popular with campers and scouts. My time as either has been extremely limited. I've saved it because Jim wants us to become campers.



OMELETS IN A BAG

Have guests write their name on a quart-size freezer bag with a permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (no more than 2); shake to combine them.

Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc... Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag, and shake.

Seal the bag after removing as much air as possible. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

For more great recipe ideas, visit Overwhelmed with Joy!


6 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

I can tell you that it works.....I first posted this recipe months ago in my blog. It's one I've used many many times, especially with family visiting, lunches, breakfast etc.
The kids love adding their own ingredients and everyone gets their own :)

I love that the eggs come out really fluffy and fully cooked and it's so tasty. :)

Blogger Lori said...

I've also tried this and it works great. It's especially fun for the kids.

Blogger Pamela said...

How incredible! I have never heard of this and this would be great fun when you have out of town guest with kids. Great recipe post!

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I have never heard of this so it is a must try, and this weekend as I have my Mom, sister and neices visiting. Excellent! Thanks Bunches :)

Blogger Rae said...

I would've never thought of this in a million years..I'm going to write this down for camping next year! Thanks for the recipe =)

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Wow! I would've never thought of this, very cool! I'm thinking of having friend over for the brunch in the near future, so I'll try it then.

Thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG