.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, December 22, 2006
Favorite Ingredients Friday


During our book adoption year at school I was on several committees to review curriculum. This required me to make several trips to our state capitol. The woman in charge of the Business curriculum for our state always sweetened the deal by having her homemade snack mix on everyone's table.

When I was trying to decide which homemade gift to bring to the other teachers in my department, I decided to share this treat. They didn't go to the meetings, so they hadn't had it yet.

I found a similar recipe and adapted it. This isn't exactly the combination that Barb made, but it's close. I added the dried cherries because I had them in my pantry. The beauty of this recipe is that you can add or take away what you want. Jim wants me to make him a batch using Golden Grahams. You could also add nuts or change the M&Ms to plain. It's all up to you! If you need to bring some snack food to a holiday event over the next week or so, I recommend this one. I guarantee you won't regret it. And the best part is it's EASY!

White Chocolate Snack Mix

1. 2 c Rice Chex
2. 2 c Corn Chex
3. 2 c Wheat Chex
4. 2 c Cheerios
5. 2 c mini pretzels
6. 2 c peanut M&Ms
7. 2 c dried cherries
8. 3 12-ounce bags white chocolate chips
9. 2 T vegetable oil

Mix together the first 7 ingredients. In a double-boiler, melt the white chocolate and vegetable oil. Pour the melted white chocolate over the dry ingredients, and mix until thoroughly coated. Spread out on wax paper until hardened. Break into small pieces.


Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more fun recipes!


Past FIF recipes:

Gorilla Bread
Ginger Shrimp
Roast Chicken
Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Soup
Shrimp Mold
Pasta Puttanesca
Pork Milanese
Pumpkin Dip
Oven-fried Chicken
Best Bundt Cake Ever
Hot Dog Casserole
Chicken & Rice
Peanut Butter Fudge
Omelets in a Bag
Shrimp Boil
Apple Cheese
Pulled Pork BBQ


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for posting. It is just a little bit different and the cherries adds a nice bit of Christmas color to it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of these dessert recipes we're all posting are going to make me fat!! But they're all so good! Thanks for sharing!

Blogger Rae said...

Sounds yummy & very simple! Thank you for sharing =) Happy Holidays!

Blogger Pamela said...

What a lovely twist on a fun snack mix! I love dried cherries and would never have thought of this! Hope you enjoy your break and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! Anything with chocolate gets a thumbs up in my book! Thanks for sharing and have a blessed Christmas!

Blogger Michelle said...

This sounds like something yummy to have on hand for snacks! thank you!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oooh, yummy! I love white chocolate too. :)

Thanks for taking the time to participate in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I do appreciate it!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG