.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, February 02, 2008
Take a Moment
This morning we received a phone call from Jim's principal. One of Jim's students died yesterday from an aneurysm. She was 14 years old.

A was a sweet, bright, pretty young girl with her whole life ahead of her, but like most 14-year-old girls, she was insecure about herself. She has friends who loved her dearly and a family that is heartbroken.

It's moments like this when you realize that you should reach out to those around you and let them know how much they mean to you.

Of course my heart is with her mother. The thought of losing a daughter fills me with a pain that brings me to my knees.

Monday is going to be a very difficult day in Jim's classroom.

Labels:



9 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear that sad news. My heart is with this young girl's family.

Every day...we are blessed.

Blogger Marcia said...

That is horrible. I'm so sad for her family.

Blogger Eileen said...

Oh that's so sad. I'm so sorry.

Blogger Kate said...

Just horrifying. So unfair. It reminds me to kiss my children and tell them I love them every single day, so that if the unthinkable happens, they'll never doubt that.

Sigh. Extra kisses tonight.

Blogger Beth said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of such a young girl. How is Jim handling everything? It is so hard to take and there are just no answers. We'll pray for comfort for all those mourning.

Peace - Beth

Blogger Kiy said...

I had to go in and kiss my baby girl, even though she was sleeping and I might wake her. Yeah, take a moment indeed.

I feel for her family, her friends, and Jim (and her other teachers). They have to be strong for the students, while hurting themselves.

Kiy

Blogger Sandra said...

So sad; I am so sorry. As I well know, something like this could happen to anyone at any time and we honestly need to cherish everything about everyone important in our lives.

Blogger Colleen said...

How horribly sad. My heart is with her family.

Blogger Tammie said...

I am saddened to hear of this family's loss. How is Jim handling this? As a devoted teacher, I know that his heart must also be ripped by this news.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG