.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Monday, April 30, 2007
Firsts
Updated (because I forgot a first)

Some firsts I haven't noted yet.

Here's Sera's first step on U.S. land. She became a citizen when we landed.




Friday night, Sera had her first meal ordered off the children's menu. Okay, she just licked the spoon. She liked the cheese, but wasn't wild about the macaroni. On the other hand, she loved the orange segment that garnished my strawberry daiquiri. So make that her first orange slice.

On Saturday, she had her first bites of hot dog. Jim grilled up some Hebrew National (the best!) hot dogs for our lunch. Sera was having a scrambled egg. I cut a little bit of hot dog into tiny pieces. She loved it.

She acted off all day Saturday. I thought it might have still been a reaction from her shots and the blood draw on Friday, but it turned into a sneezing, coughing, snotty cold.

Sunday, first time being sick. Sera is very active. She likes to go, go, go all the time. Very different from the clingy girl we met on 4/2. On Sunday, she just wanted to stay on our laps. Jim and I traded off holding her. Her appetite wasn't affected so our day went like this.

Feed Sera
Hold Sera while she kicked and cooed
Hold Sera while she slept
Feed Sera
and so on

You get the idea. As bad as I felt for how sick she felt, I loved being able to just hold and cuddle her so much.

Today's first? She's been quietly playing in her Pack 'n Play for 1 hour and 45 minutes. I'm just sitting here on the couch next to her, watching her and blogging. I think this is actually just because she's still not 100%. I'm going to let her go as long as she wants. I figure there's no sense in disturbing her if she's happy, and she is happy. She's playing, and cooing, and giggling away. She's also lying down alot which is not like her. She usually likes to get some floor time in so she can crawl in frenzied circles. Maybe tomorrow.

Finally, I just wanted to let the rest of my October LID friends know that I am so excited about today's rumors. It looks like referrals are on their way, and they'll finally finish the month of October. A special shout out to Colleen!

The forgotten first? One that shouldn't have happened yet, I don't think. I need to research it, but it doesn't matter 'cause it happened. Jim's favorite snack is vanilla ice cream with a spoonful of peanut butter and chocolate syrup. I was upstairs doing laundry Saturday when he came upstairs announcing he'd created a monster. He told me to look at Sera's face. There was nothing to see, but her hand covering most of her face as she sucked her thumb. I tried to move her hand, but she held tight. All his evidence was gone. Jim then told me what happened. He had made a bowl of ice cream and was playing with Sera. Before he knew what was happening, she'd grabbed a handful of peanut butter and chocolate syrup and shoved it in her mouth. I think at this point I gasped and said, "You gave her peanut butter?" He told me it had been smeared all over her face. She loved it so much that she literally wiped it off her own face and was sucking it off her thumb. Luckily, it appears we can rule out peanut allergies. We haven't given her any more though.

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

OK, let's see, Magi. First you give her an orange slice soaked in a daiquiri. Then you give her hot dogs. Then she grab's Jim's chocolate and peanut butter. Then she's a little sick. LOL

I'm kidding. KIDDING! I'm sure none of that had anything to do with it.

The photo of her stepping on American soil for the first time is beyond moving. Wonderful, in fact.

I love how much you two are enjoying this wonderful baby.

Blogger C's Mom said...

Lovin' the firsts!

The photo is adorable and I'm so happy for your family. It's a joy to follow you along.

Blogger Dawn said...

I hope Sera feels better soon!!!!!! Hopefully Sera isn't allergic to peanut better because there isn't anything better than a peanut butter and bananna sandwich!!!! Yum !!!!!!!!!! ( or a Peanut Buster Parfait from Dairy Queen!!! Double Yum!!!!)



~Dawn

Blogger Colleen said...

Okay... I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter sauce!! (Friendly's!!) YUM!! Its so good on coffee ice cream!

Hey wanna know a secret???

I am gonna be a MOMMY!!!!!!!!

Blogger Unknown said...

In my defense, the orange slice didn't even touch the daiquiri.

If she hadn't started sneezing and coughing before the hot dog and peanut butter, I would have worried. What can I say? She loves food and wants to taste anything we're eating. We're actually holding her back. She's a pistol!

Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

I love the picture of Sera's first steps in the US. What a stunning baby she is!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG