.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Sunday, February 04, 2007
And Another Wow
This wow is minor though. I'm counting down the minutes until 4:00 pm Monday when my agency is going to email us the photos and translated information. I have a gazillion and one things to do, but can't get motivated to do anything but Google Chongqing and read old posts in the Liangping Yahoo Group. I look lovely while doing this in case you're wondering. I'm wearing green sweatpants with a green nightshirt over them. Because I was still cold, I threw on the nearest sweater, a lovely blue sweater with Tinkerbelle embroidered on the left side. My hair is all pulled up in a scrunchy, except for the part that falls out. I'm sure you're getting the idea.

You see, it's cold here. How cold is it? It's so cold that when we turned on the morning news, we learned that the local churches were cancelling services. Okay, that's cold. I had no reason to leave home today, so haven't given it much thought.

About 10 minutes ago, we got a phone call from a teacher at Jim's school telling us school was cancelled? What? Last week they didn't even call a delay when we had white out conditions. I didn't believe it until I went and checked for myself. All local schools are closed tomorrow due to cold. I told you it was cold outside.



The windchill today was forecast to go to -30 degrees. I think I'll stay inside tomorrow, too.

Is it 4:00 pm Monday yet?

Labels: ,



11 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

I'm cancelled tomorrow too! Yay!

Here's hoping they get that email out before 4!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's cold here, too! I cannot wait to see that picture! And I love her name, by the way. Do you pronounce it like Sarah? My stepdaughter's name is Cera; pronounced like Sarah...

Blogger C's Mom said...

It's stinky cold around here, too!

But, things will be heating up at your house around 4 tomorrow! I cna hardly wait so I bet you have to be ready to gnaw through a wall!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way Magi. I also have so much to do and can not get off of the computer! Schools have not been cancelled yet, but the 2 hr delays have started coming in. Luckily I will be busy tomorrow. I am watching my 1 yr old niece from 6:30 a - 6 p. How I wish she would be picked up before 4, but I committed well before what we are referring to as "The great picture wait" began!

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Magi....brrrrrrr! Stay warm! Love the good description of your appearance...very visual. :D

Thanks again for your great comments on my blog. I am just so thrilled for you and cannot wait for your picture to be in your hands. I'll be following along every step of the way!

Hugs!!

Alyson

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brrr, it's cold here, too. Do you think Jim's principal could call mine and cancel my school? The weekend just goes by way too quickly.

I'll be thinking of you come 4:00. Don't forget your internet friends and post as soon as you can :-)

Blogger Krista said...

Yay for canceled school. Maybe your agency will send the info early so you will have more of your "free day" to enjoy it.

Blogger Ava's family said...

It looks JUST like our weather forecast in Michigan! I'm sure when 4:00 hits......You will feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Blogger Pug Mama said...

ohhhhh, can't wait!!!!!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Bbbbbrrrr! I used to live in Nebraska, until one day I was walking around in -70 degree windchill factors in a suit and heels thinking, "Why am I still here?" I relocated to a warmer climate with the company I was working with. That was 10 years ago but I can still remember that bitter cold!

I'm sure thoughts of your daughter are keeping you warm! :)

Blogger Dawn said...

Yikes!! It's cold here too!! I'm so happy that you are going to see your daughter's sweet little face soon!! :)

~Dawn

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG