.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Nesting Update

Since everyone keeps telling me I'm in nesting mode, I thought I'd give an update. Today, I finished the last two major cabinet reorganizing. I still have to tackle the one over the fridge, but I think it's actually empty. I can't reach it even with the stepstool because it's set back too far. That one will require Jim's assistance. I have a few things that I only use very rarely that I'm going to stash there.

Next I have to tackle my work area, which looks worse than it is. After that, I want to organize the nursery. I have a couple of totes filled with baby clothes that have been given to me. The majority came from my neighbor after her daughter grew out of them. I've already sorted them by size. I need to get everything washed, the closet organizer set up and the clothes put away properly, not in totes.

After the nursery, I have baby proofing to do. I've read that pet gates are exactly the same as baby gates (same manufacturers even), but they cost less. I'll make a trip out to PetSmart to get some gates and to Babies R Us for outlet plugs, drawer and cabinet locks, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

Then last, but not least, I will begin packing. We are limited to one suitcase (44 lbs.) and one carry-on (12 lbs.) each. Yikes! I'll lay out on the guest room bed everything I think we'll need. Then come to the realization that I can only take 1/4th. There are a gazillion - really, a gazillion - packing lists for the China trip available online. I've got a few copied, so those will be my guidelines. I need to get started buying the meds we'll need to take with us.

I am not planning to do this all this weekend by the way. This is how I will be occupying myself for the next month or two or three.

Chirp, chirp...


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG! Its really wierd to be thinking of all this "final" stuff isn't it? PACKING? Eeekkk! That one scares me. How odd is it going to be to wash baby clothes? Wow... you must be on pins and needles right now my friend. I am soooo hoping and praying for you to make this round of referrals!! :) I hate that there really arent any rumors right now.

Blogger Unknown said...

Since we're on the cusp, I think I'm afraid to completely go "there" in my mind. I'm just trying to keep busy right now. I'll be a basketcase the week referrals are expected, I'm sure. You're right behind me. I can't wait to hear that everyone in our group has their good news!

Blogger Rae said...

Good luck with everything! Thanks for the birthday wishes =)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the nesting thing. I've been very busy this weekend trying to get the house in order, and I'm soooo not there. I went to organize all my baby clothes and just found out I have nothing smaller than 3T. I must have given away all the really small stuff (but I don't remember doing it) I'm freaking out over here!!!

Blogger C's Mom said...

Can't wait to follow you along...can't.be.much.longer!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you were talking gates - I thought the same thing as you---why not buy the pet gates? Well, I was told if you have the gate on stairs going down it MUST NOT be a tension gate---these fall and the baby will fall with it. If it is on top of the stairs it HAS to be bolted intot he wall. It made a lot of sense to this paranoid mom....we have a tension dog gate below...

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG