.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, January 12, 2007
Es El Mío
I was three years old when we moved to the United States, and like most three-year-olds, I could talk. We moved to New Orleans, LA where my mother's family lived. My mom is the second oldest of ten children. The baby of the family, my Aunt Erin, is only 5 1/2 years older than me. This meant that her older brothers, my uncles, were exactly the right age to tease me mercilessly. Family lore has it that my favorite saying was "es mío." Es el mío means it's mine in Spanish. I was obviously very possesive. In retaliation, my uncles taught me my first English sentence, "I'm a good little brat." Anyway, I digress.

Did you notice the pretty pink picture at the top? It's a Pink Nintendo DS Lite. Nintendo is giving one away along with the game Brain Age to a hip mom at Crazy Hip Blog Mamas. We have to post how this will make us "hip." (By the way, I seem to be obsessed with quotation marks today. Please excuse me.)

I am terribly unhip as my high school students would be the first to tell you. Not only do I need to earn some street cred in the hip arena, but I'm thinking this could be totally awesome on an upcoming long plane ride to China. I could spread my hipness literally across the globe on my way to becoming a mama. Therefore, I would become a Crazy Hip Blog Mama, for real.

Es el mío, por favor!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too funny, spreading your hipness all across the world.

And I doubt your students think you're not hip. I think you're pretty hip. But I'm old so maybe that doesn't count? Wait a minute! I'M HIP! So it DOES count! :-)

Blogger Jen R. said...

Thanks for coming to visit me!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, if I don't win, I really hope you do! :) I'd love to see you have something to keep you entertained and preoccupied on your plane ride to China to meet your child. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG