.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Works for Me Wednesday!


Sometimes we assume that just because we know something, everyone must know it. I was reminded of this just the other day when talking to a friend at work. She's an avid baker. I bake, but not really that often. She announced to me her new discovery, and I was shocked that she hadn't known about it before. What is it? Parchment paper! It's available on a roll just like plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Just tear off a sheet and place on your cookie sheet. It's the best thing ever. You don't have to grease your pans,and the cookies slide right off. It helps with clean up, too. Just a quick wipe with a soapy sponge, a rinse, and your sheets are clean. Trace out your cake pans and trim to line your cake pans and make that process easier, too. I love parchment paper and can't imagine baking without it.

It's sold by the sheet in fancy stores, but you can buy it by the roll in the grocery store. The sheets tend to be expensive, but the roll isn't at all. Happy Baking!

For more tips, visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer.


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know about this, but for some reason just never think to do it!

Blogger Kate said...

I rarely do because our cookie sheets are so sleekly nonstick that it hasn't been a recurring theme. But we have some on-hand, just in case...

If you cut a longer-but-not-wider-than-usual piece of parchment paper next time you make a rectangular/square cake, you can use the overhanging sides to lift the cake out intact for a nicer frosting experience, too...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never thought to line a cake pan! That is a good idea!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lining a cake pan? That's an awesome idea! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Parchment paper is wonderful. I stated using it a couple of years ago after I keep hearing how great it was on The Food Network.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parchment paper is one of my best friends ;) haha it's a lifesaver! My newest lifesaver is the non-stick aluminum foil. Not so great for packing things but awesome for grilling! Thanks for the tip =)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bake all of the time and had no idea about parchment paper. So, there you go-you can put my picture on here. Lady who bakes and was clueless.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this stuff! Couldn't get by without it! I also love those roaster bags. We use them in the camp kitchen for soups and potato casseroles. Kind of like a turkey bag but made to go into a roaster pan, like a liner.

Thanks!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG