.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Works For Me Wednesday!


Again, I have a tip that may be common knowledge. It only works, however, if you have a gas stove. A quick way to heat up tortillas (corn or flour) before rolling up enchiladas or burritos is to use your tongs and place one over a lit burner. After a few seconds, flip it. Perfectly warmed up tortilla, yet not all gummy from the microwave.

For more tips, visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer.

And here's a bonus tip for all you waiting parents. When your mind is about to explode from the what-ifing of waiting, try to distract yourself with anything not related to waiting to hear adoption news. Sometimes it even works! Not often though. Obsess much? The odds haven't improved for us being next, but I'm getting more hopeful. We'll, hopefully, know next week. If not, it will be the week after. Keep us in your thoughts!!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, never thought of that. We eat lots of tortillas here. We'll have to give it a try.

Thanks for the tip....mine is on a wonder laundry bar.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It works on a flat-surface burner, too, not as crispily nice, but it gets the job done.

Good luck on your spot in line!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Distraction from the wait?? Not today! How are you doing? I am on pins and needles. I didn't think we had much of a chance this month until Mom called this morning and asked if I had read RQ. (Yes, I have her hooked also!) I couldn't believe it when I saw the 13th listed. I have lots of nervous energy!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG