.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Bring on the Rusty Nails!

What a fun morning. It started at the dentist and then it went downhill!

I had my six-month cleaning appointment. That went fine. Walked in, 30 minutes later I walked out. No waiting, no fuss, no muss. Gotta like that.

On to my next errand. I just needed to stop by my doctor's office and get his signature for our update. It's a simple statement that basically says nothing has happened in the last year, medically, and that I am physically, emotionally, and mentally able to care for a child. After the last 16 months of waiting, the mental is in question, but luckily, he didn't. Question it that is.

When I called the doctor's office the other day and explained what I wanted, the receptionist told me to just stop in on Thursday any time after 9:00 a.m. I should have known it couldn't be that easy. I got there about 10:00 a.m. and handed the form to the receptionist explaining what I needed. She said it would take a few minutes, but to have a seat and they'd let me know when it was ready.

Forty minutes later, she calls me. The doctor wanted to talk to me before he signed, but he would see me today. I was surprised because the waiting room was literally standing room only. I'd never seen it so busy. Either everyone waited until the holidays were over to get sick, or everyone had this week off and was trying to squeeze in a doctor's visit. Hmm...who would do such a thing!? Oh, yeah...me!

Off I went back to my seat and to my 2-year-old copy of Bon Appetit. After another hour of waiting, I finally got called. The doctor just wanted an update on our progress. We chatted about the long plane ride and DVT, about immunizations for us and for our baby, getting his advice when we get medical information with our referral, and he decided it had been too long and it was time from more blood work. And, he added, while we're at it, let's go ahead and give you those immunizations.

The tally ends up as follows:
one needle in left forearm as 3 vials of blood removed
one needle in left upperarm
one needle in right upperarm
one needle in right hip

Yeah, just drop in any time for a signature. On the flip side, I'm ready if any rusty nails attack.


4 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Wow! Nothing like bait and switch! I can see why your have the pin cushion now on your blog now. lol There is nothing worse than waiting in the Doctor's office either, at least it is behind you now. Take care! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just too many needles for one day. Yuck! I don't understand why doctors' offices even make appointments. Seems to me they might just as well say, "Y'all come!" and then go on a first come first served basis. I don't remember the last time I got in to see the doctor at the scheduled time. It's almost a joke.

I guess the bright side is you're good to go now. :-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...now that would have been stressful! At least the dentist visit went well.

God Bless You in the New Year!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I went in to have my home study paperwork signed and also got sent for bloodwork. Luckily I didn't get poked as much as you. Ouch!

I need to make our dentist appts... thanks for the reminder!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG