.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Talk Me Down
'cause I'm ready to take the leap here. It's up to you to talk me out of it. What, you ask?


This adorable rocker. I found it today. We had to go get our background checks re-done for immigration. We finally got the official word last week that we needed to start the renewal process. Anyway, before we could get them done, Jim needed to renew his driver's license.

The idea of an extra trip to the DMV was thrilling, but nevertheless I decided to head over to Tuesday Morning while he did that. They had a new shipment of these in the front of the store. They're only $49.99, but we're in the process of forking over a whole lot of money to our social worker for a new homestudy and to CIS for a renewal of our approval to bring home our child.

This is not the time for unnecessary purchases, but look at it!!! It's adorable and would fit perfectly in my nursery as you can see. Look here and here for even more proof.

What to do? What to do?

By the way, you'll all be happy to know that during our year-long wait we've not committed any crimes nor had any complaints regarding children lodged against us. Our background checks from the local sheriff's department and child protective services came back clean.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say, get it. It is too cute!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the rocker! I say it's a definite must have purchase!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girlfriend...get in your car and get that TODAY! Are you insane? Now I am going to stop by our Tues. Morning store and see if they have any.... geez....thanks alot. :-)

By the way...happy 14 months.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed, it's cute. But the down-side is, it's so completely impossible to predict what kids are going to play with and what they'll ignore, and I would hate for you to go through the heartbreak which is falling in love, yourself, with a given toy or stuffed animal or piece of furniture, and then having the child stare at it like it's a chewed-up piece of gum on a sidewalk. "But... but... but I love that chair/sweater/rocker... how come YOU don't love it??"

Which will happen anyway... but with the big-ticket and big-sized items, you can at least hold off until you have the chance to take the child someplace where they can try it out, which at least lets you know if they'll consider it.

Then again, there's a whole great big eBay out there, just perfect for reselling those things that your child has shrugged off...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, what a dilema! It really is cute and your nursery is AMAZING! I do have experience paying big money for an item that was basically ignored, but that was before Ebay. So I say go for it! Things go quick in Tuesday Morning and you never when or if they will ever get it back.

Glad to hear your criminal check was clean. Isn't it wierd how they need all new fingerprints to check this??

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Go get that cute rocker RIGHT NOW! :) It goes perfectly with your nursery! And your child will love it, trust me. :)

I spent $100 (on a whim) for a huge stuffed sea turtle to put in Snuggle Bug's nursery. It went perfectly with the "under the sea" theme that we went with for his room.

Now that he's a little older, he loves this turtle! He sits/lays/plays on it all the time and I often find him on it thumbing through his books, so I've begun calling that area his reading corner.

Sure, your child may not like the rocker at first, but odds are it will be well loved!

Now, go get that rocker!

P.S. Congrats on making it an entire year without committing any crimes or having any complaints lodged against you. ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I would run as fast as I could back to Tuesday Morning!! On an item like that, you will regret it if you don't take the plunge! I have in the past lost out cause I thought to much about it. Just go for it, take it home and then decide if you want to keep it. I think it would just be perfect in your nursery!

Ellen
10/28

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG