.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Works for Me Wednesday!


Yesterday I was reading the local paper and saw an article about ancestry.com. They've recently received a huge amount of immigration records from 1820-1960. They have the actual ship manifests scanned in and everything. They are making them available until the end of the year at no charge.

In just about 5 minutes yesterday, I found the records of when my great-aunt and two of my great-uncles arrived in New York in 1940. Since my father's side of my family had to escape Hungary during WWII,our records are very limited. It was very exciting to find them on the ship manifest. I'm going to keep looking for more relatives. If you're into genealogy, then this tip is for you!

For more WFMW tips, visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I would love to learn about my ancestory!

Blogger Pug Mama said...

very, very cool

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man....I just figured out how to spend less time using bloglines...
And now this wonderful tip! HMM LOVE IT! Definately gonna be on that one.
Thanks for the tip!
Gonna look for some relatives!

Blogger Kristen said...

Wow. How cool! I might have to check that out. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found some of my family there too. It's so exciting to find those connections. Thanks for reminding me of this resource!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! I'll have to do some searching!

Blogger Rae said...

Thank you for this link & tip! I can't wait to go check it out =)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG