.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Our Future ...

is in their hands. Oh, how scary! This week I've had students working on career papers. I have them take a career assessment test, a personality assessment test, and fill in a diagram entitled, Anatomy of My Dream Career. They then use all this information to come up with three possible career choices for themselves. After they've come up with or narrowed down their choices, they research what they would have to do to start a career in that field. Their papers were due today, but I haven't had a chance to read them yet. Based on what I observed them researching this week, I am teaching a future

NBA star
bounty hunter
professional table tennis player
street hustler
professional gambler
along with the more typical doctor, lawyer, police officer, cosmetologist, real estate agents, and chefs.

What a motley crew. And yes, I did tell those on the edge that they had to pick a legal career.

No, I'm not really concerned about them being our future. I have far too vivid memories of my own high school years to give up hope on them.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee-hee!! Thats kinda funny. I think I wanted to be a Lawyer when I was little. Now I want to be a Dolphin Trainer.... any luck at that at 38?!?!?!?

Blogger Unknown said...

I was 37 when I decided to go back to school and start a new career. Go for it! Of course, it would help if you moved to Florida, and I know what a hardship that would be for you. :o)

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Kids are so awesome! Keep them dreamin'!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG