.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Monday, November 27, 2006
Completely Unsolicited
Book Reviews! No one asked my opinion, but that's never stopped me before!

Jim recently brought home a book from his school library. A student had been reading it during a silent reading time. Later, Jim took a look at the book. He thought it looked interesting so he checked out a copy from the library and brought it home.

The book, Milkweed, by Jerry Spinelli is very good. It is set in the streets of Warsaw during WWII. It's through the view of a young child, who when asked his name answers, "Stopthief." Since Jim works in a middle school, this book is geared towards grade 5 and up. The ending was a little weak, but all in all a good read.





After we both enjoyed reading Milkweed, the librarian at Jim's school recommended The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne. All I can say is WOW! This book, though also set in WWII Poland, is very different from the first. Since the author and editors refrained from including a synopsis of the book on the inside cover so as to not give away the story, I will do the same. All I can say is that this should be a must-read for everyone. It is suitable for grade 7 and up.



1 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Hi Magi,

I love the way you do these book reviews. I'm not a middle schooler but both of these sound good.

I'm sorry about Jim's computer virus. I'm so frustrated I could scream. We've lost just enough things to be very irritating. I lost audio. Can't hear a thing. And I can't get photos to show up in the posts I read - just little red exes - but that might be a blogger thing. Who knows.

I swear, I love the Internet and computers. I mean, it's be awfully hard to blog without them. But I wish I were a nerd. Or a guru. Or something. *sigh*

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG