.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Works For Me Wednesday!
Sometimes making candy can be just too challenging. The candy thermometer has to actually work, the weather has to cooperate, the planets must be aligned, and the moon should be blue. This recipe is awesome and very forgiving. It always works for me.

Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge

2 cups sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 Tbsp corn syrup
pinch of salt
2/3 cup peanut butter

Combine first four ingredients, and cook together until it reaches the soft ball stage. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Pour into buttered 8”x8” or 9”x9”. This will set up quickly.
Let cool, and cut into pieces.

Peanut butter can be smooth or chunky. You can use any kind of milk: whole, 2%, 1%, skim, even evaporated milk diluted with water. I used smooth peanut butter with 1% milk.

At the softball stage, this fudge is soft, but will hold a shape when cut. If you like your fudge a little firmer, cook it a little longer. My candy thermometer wasn’t working, so I cooked it over medium heat until the bubbles looked thicker and slower and not foamy. I was given this advice on a cooking board, and it worked great!

For other Works for me Wednesday tips, visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer.


5 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Yummy! This sounds great..thanks for sharing =)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful!! ...and
just in time for the holidays!

Thanks for sharing your recipe!!

Tracy

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

This recipe sounds wonderful! I'm going to share it with my SIL who loves to make fudge.

You know, I have a candy thermometer but it's still in it's original package and has never been used. What does that tell you? :)


I've done a WFMW Grocery Game post. Stop by and take a peek.

Oh, and thanks for stopping by to look at Snuggle Bug dressed as Tigger ! I do appreciate it!

Blogger Barb said...

Good grief, this sounds good. I have to ask you. What is 196 milk? Why don't I know that? This candy will be a big hit with my family!

Blogger Unknown said...

I was so confused, but then I realized that my font must not be showing up correctly on everyone else's computer. On my screen it reads one percent milk. :o)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG