.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Table for One?

Actually, this table would seat a whole lot more than one as all my friends who are on this journey with me would be more than welcome to pull up a chair. Thank you for the kind words on yesterday's post. I hesitated after I posted it because I don't want this to become a sad place for me, but sometimes you just have to say how you feel. All days aren't good, and that's normal. Those of you involved in the adoption process can back me up when I say that contrary to what many people think....adoption is not the "easy way." You basically have to accept that you control nothing in this process and let it work the way it's supposed to work. That can get to be too much sometimes when you would rather take charge and to quote a popular comedian, "Git 'r done!"

Today is better. It finally seems like the October referrals may arrive this week, plus Jim took me out to dinner. I just wasn't up to passing out candy to cute children this year. And the local grocery store chain opened a new store last week that we finally went to after dinner. It is awesome and has all the frou-frou foods I like and that are hard to find around here. It's not Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, but it's a whole lot better than anything else we have within a 3-hour drive!


3 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Hi. This is what blogs and blogger friends are for. We have good days and bad. I certainly do not know where I would be without you guys. Really....I mean WE are the only ones that understand all of this stuff...........ummm... ya know what? I don't understand it, but at least we can all support each other.

Glad you had a nice dinner...and I love stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joes. (Whole foods especially!!)

Blogger Barb said...

I'm glad you're feeling at least a little better today, Magi.

Blogger Kate said...

Days go up and days go down... and if your blog was only happy and chirpy, then it wouldn't necessarily be all the real, now, would it?

We've been on the other end of the adoption rollercoaster just recently, my husband being an adoptee whose birth mother appeared, unexpectedly, last week. She has since re-disappeared, but that's an okay thing. Ohhhhhmmmmmmmmm....

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG