.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Monday, October 01, 2007
Six Months

Six months ago today, Sera became our daughter. We went from a family of two to a family of three in about an hour and a half. Our situation was very unusual in that our adoption took place immediately. There's usually a 24-hour period between receiving your child and the official adoption. That change did not even phase us. We knew Sera was our girl from the very first minute.

Sunday evening I made Sera's dinner. It wasn't fancy. I made some blueberry muffins from a mix. I heated up some English peas, and I scrambled an egg with some diced ham. As I sat in front of Sera watching her eat with gusto. I realized that nothing in my life had satisfied me as much as knowing that I'd just made food that my daughter loved. There's nothing like watching a toddler eat something she likes. The fork was tossed aside as too slow. She had a piece of muffin in one hand, while the other fist clutched a handful of peas. Those hands kept a steady rhythm releasing their contents into her eager mouth. As she started to slow down, she noticed her eggs. The fork was reclaimed; she dove in. This meal definitely ranks near the top of her favorites.


Labels:



10 Comments:

Blogger Jim McClain said...

Best...daughter...ever!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a difference 6 months makes and what a sweet comment above :-)

Blogger Jacquie said...

Six months. Can you believe it? I swear Magi, Sera gets cuter every day.

Blogger Jessica said...

Wow. Six months. I can't believe it. It seems like you have had her forever. She has gotten so big.

Give her a smooch from us.

Jess

Blogger C's Mom said...

It is amazing to me that it ihas already been 6 months. It seems like yesterday I was following your China journey to your sweet Sera.

I can only hope it just seems like tomorrow until I make my way to my girl.

Blogger Marcia said...

It is amazing how different she looks...a happy girl!

Blogger Eileen said...

Happy 6 months! She's beautiful!

We had the 24 hours between Gotcha and adoption for Lindsey, but about 2 hours max for Allison. :-)

Have a great day!

Blogger RamblingMother said...

Happy 6 months.

Beverly

Blogger Colleen said...

I can't believe 6 months have passed. That pic in the little sweat suit is SOOOO CUTE!! All good stuff...congrats on being a family for 6 months.

Blogger Kiy said...

I was doing okay until I read Jim's comment.

/sniffle :)

Happy 6 months!

Kiy

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG