.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, September 21, 2007
Sick Day
I took a sick day today and stayed home with Sera. The fever went away, but she had a runny nose all day long. She also took two really long naps. She'd play, but if she got frustrated or fell, she'd collapse in tears until we cuddled for a bit. Poor baby.

Guess what she can do? She can blow her nose. I had been wiping her nose all day long. So much that when I'd get the tissue, she'd just come over and tilt her face up for me. The first time I wiped it after Jim came home, she blew her nose. I honestly think it was just an accident. We both started cheering, so she did it again next time. I'd been wondering how I was going to teach her how to do that.

She also used two new words today. After signing she was hungry, we went to the refrigerator. She picked out string cheese to eat. I have to tear it off into strings for her. Each time I do, I ask her if she wants more cheese. Today, she was watching my mouth carefully and then started saying cheese.

I've mentioned our dog, Shadow, before. He's a 90 lb yellow lab/german shepard mix. He has the uncanny ability to always be inbetween Sera and me. I call it mom-blocking. I say the phrase, "move Shadow," a gazillion times a day. Today, she started repeating move every time I said it. Okay, it sounded more like mooo, which is awfully similar to her more. It's all context, people.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

I'm sorry to hear that Sera isn't feeling well. Poor baby. Of course, it was probably just a plot to make mommy stay home & give her warm, fuzzy cuddles.

Feel better Sweet Sera!

Blogger Kristi said...

The illness made the rounds at our place too. Sorry everyone was sick. Our dog does the same thing and I also call it "mommy blocking" :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG