.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Works For Me Wednesday!

What works for me? Office 2007 does! You might think I'm jumping the gun, but I found out about it this summer when I attended a workshop. Since I teach computers, among other things, I got to see a beta version. I also found out that you can download the beta version at www.microsoft.com, if you can't wait. Be warned that it doesn't have all the abilities the final product will have.

I blogged about this last month when I first learned about it, but wanted to share with the WFMW world. One of the really unique features that Word 2007 has is the ability to work with blogs. You can create your posts in Word and set up a relationship with your blog service to publish with a click in Word. Of course, you have to have Internet access at the time for the programs to communicate. You can't include pictures in the beta version, but that is supposed to be corrected for the final version that will be available in January 2007. When I tested it, I just went in to Blogger and added my pictures the regular way.


Office 2007 is much more intuitive than the older versions. I think most people will find it easier to use. It also allows you to add some really fun effects to photos without having to have a photo-editing software. It doesn't replace that software, but it gives those who don't have it some options.

For more WFMW tips, visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer!


6 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to Office 2007 coming out!

Blogger Sandra said...

That's a great tip...I've always enjoyed Microsoft Office, will be on the lookout and will probably go and download the beta :)

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Alas, us Mac people..... LOL! Have a wonderful Wednesday - Our tip is up amidst the carnival stuff ;).

Blogger Maggie said...

OOH, I may have to pull Office 2007 off my Technet disks. Thanks for the heads up.

Blogger Dawn said...

Wow! This looks neat!! I'm always on the lookout for new techie types of things!!

~Dawn

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I think I'm going to like Office 2007. I can't wait for it to be released in January! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks also for your comment on my WFMW creating blogging categories post. I hope creating categories does work for you. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG