.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Testing Things I Learned at Tech Camp

One of the things I learned at Tech Camp is that the long-rumored Office 2007 would be debuting in January. Office 2003 will be off the market as of 12/31/06. Expect to see some bargains at Christmas. The presenter showed us a beta-version. She compared it to the leap from DOS to Windows, and I have to agree.

One big difference is that menus are gone. The screen is completely different. I’ll do a screen capture and display it with this post. One of the coolest features is called live preview. One example would be changing font. A past update changed the font drop-down menu to show the actual fonts instead of just their names. In this version, your selected text will actually preview the new font when you hover over the name. It’s awesome. The screen looks much more intuitive than past versions. I can’t wait to play with it some more.

Another exciting feature is how they’ve tied into blogs. When you open a new document, one of your options is called new blog entry. If you click it, you’re prompted to register your blog. Once you do that it communicates with your blog to post your entry. This is what I’m testing now.

Now to see how the screen capture looks……

Okay, that rocks. All I had to do was click "publish" and it worked! It seems like all the main blogs are supported with this version. There is a way to load photos, too. I'll have to play with it next. In the meantime, I'll load my screen captures the old-fashioned way.

By the way, in case you haven't guessed, I did download the beta version. I couldn't wait to try it out.

Screen Capture of my post

Screen Capture of Live Preview showing post with different font. If I move my mouse away, it returns to original, unless I click to change.



1 Comments:

Cool! thanks for being so techy-savvy for the rest of us.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG