.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Flat Out Tired
It was an early start. We usually get out the door by 6:30 am. Today, I had to be out by 6:00 am.

I took nine of my students to a town one hour to our south to compete in the district level competition of BPA. This was our first competition. It's also our first year as a club. Our chapter president was active in BPA during her freshman and sophomore years at another high school in our district.

She transferred over her sophomore year. Since she had already qualified to go to state, she was allowed to participate through her old school. We didn't have a chapter. She talked to me then, but we were in adoption wait mode. I was living each month thinking we could be next. I certainly couldn't commit to this.

Her junior year was our first year home with Sera. I was trying to negotiate the timing of my new life. I just didn't have the time to give another new endeavor. Sera was, and always will be, my first priority.

When she approached me at the end of the school year last year, I told her to get the ball rolling. I'd sign on as the sponsor. She didn't need me to say it twice.

We had a good turnout at the beginning of the school year and ended up with a dozen students who committed to competing. Of the 12, 9 competed today. We lost three this week. We lost two when the competition was postponed a week due to the unbelievably cold weather last week. The third one overslept and missed the bus.

We had a team of three and an individual win first in their categories and six of the eleven have qualifed to compete at the state level.

I've very proud of them, and very, very tired.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG