.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Another First

I've been a bad blogger this week. I have no excuse other than I just feel tired. I guess having to work for four days in a row this week is more than I can handle. HA! I've had a post on the back of my mind, but haven't felt inspired to write it when I have more than 10 minutes to write it.

Last night, Sera and I were cuddling on the recliner in her room before bedtime when she pulled out this Language Littles doll named Ling. It's easy to find the 16" version, but this is a smaller version that only says four things in English and Mandarin: hello, how are you, I love you, and good bye. My secret pal during our wait included this in one of her gifts. It is adorable.

Sera has played with her on and off, but last night she was enthralled. She also pulled out a tiny Barbie that she received in a happy meal. She gave me the Barbie while she kept Ling and asked me to play with her. We undressed and redressed Ling to get her ready for the ball. Then both of them started dancing and talking to each other.

Why is this significant? It's the first time Sera has done interactive play with dolls like this. By the way, their collective name to her is dollies. She has been playing with her babies for a long time. That play is all about her taking care of her babies. This play was about changing clothes and going to parties.

My baby is growing up.

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

The times, they are a-changin'

You have reminded me that I need to start hunting for my long ago stashed Lings. I have the big one and the little one you describe. If my life depended on it, I could not find them right now.

Enjoy yours :0)

Blogger Sandra said...

We have both the small and the large Ling dolls. Interestingly enough, Jazzie never liked dollies and Tahlia only likes the caucasian ones (???)...

Blogger Two Pearls said...

EJ, Sophie's big sister, got a Ling doll during our wait! And yes, Sophie's name for ALL of her dollies is "Dolly". Althought, sometimes she'll call one of them by her name or her big sister's name. She LOVES to play with dolls and cooks them food in her kitchen.

Blogger Tammie said...

Erin has a few dolls but always goes back to the first doll she got for a present from my niece. She doesn't really care about dolls much. To her, they're just another thing to put into her stroller - like her B-a-B bears & her WebKinz.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG