.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Make Believe
Sera is all about the make believe right now.

If she's not in her kitchen making us all sorts of yummy snacks and tea, she's either a baby or a kitty.

The baby stuff is different from what it was the last time I talked about it. She is very clear that she is "pwetending" to be a baby. She talks in a baby voice, but mainly she whines or coos or cries. She will take a sippy cup and pretend it's a bottle and literally crawl into my arms to be cradled.

I guess this is where the second guessing comes in. Most of me thinks this is perfectly normal, age-appropriate make believe. But there's that little part of me that wonders if it's adoption related. Is she seeking out more of the cuddling and bonding behavior she missed out on during her first 11 1/2 months?

The kitty cat dosen't inspire such deep thoughts. She meows a few times, crawls on all fours, and wants her belly rubbed. Then she's on to the next game.

She sure keeps us hopping!

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

I loved this stage of development with Erin. Imagination is an amazing thing.

Sounds like Sera is right on track. I'll admit that I loved it when Erin wanted those extra cuddles.

Blogger Marcia said...

I think the baby stuff is probably just fun "pwetending" more than adoption related. Even Peter wishes he were still a baby so I would hold him and cuddle him. I guess you will always question stuff like that. It is so hard to know what they missed out on and how they are affected.

Blogger C's Mom said...

It sounds like she has a great, active and very normal imagination!

Blogger Wendy said...

Theresa used to pretend a lot when she was little too. When she was three-ish or so, she would pretend to be 'baby teesa'. She would go thru the motions of mimicking crying and wanting a 'babba' etc. I think Sera is just going thru the normal age appropriate pretending things. IMO it's a fun stage. Sometimes an eye opener about things you least expect.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG