.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, March 02, 2007
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler, Part Two, errrr Deux
I have a few more minutes now, and I realize what a bad bloggy hostess I've been. I sent you to go visit other blogs, but I didn't introduce myself to those of you who are coming here for the first time.

My name is Magi. My husband, Jim, and I are in the process of adopting our daughter, Sera. Sera is currently living in the Liangping County SWI* in Chongqing, China. She will be one on April 17th, and we hope to have her before then. We are currently waiting for travel approval from China, which will, hopefully, arrive next week. Today, we received notice that our U.S. immigration approval has been renewed.

We live in the midwest where we both teach. Jim is an 8th grade math teacher, and I teach high school business and ocmputer classes. We have a dog named Shadow, who was a stray. He is part yellow lab and part German Shepard.

To celebrate our immigration renewal, Jim and I went out to eat at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants in town. One we haven't been to in a very long time. Afterwards, we had a huge list of errands we were supposed to run. The weather has been miserable all day, but if you stopped everytime it snowed, you'd never get anything done. We left the restaurant and noticed in minutes that the streets had completely frozen over. Cars were fishtailing all over the place. We decided to scrap the errands and head home. The snow became so heavy and the wind so strong on our drive home that we were in near white-out conditions. Those errands will have to wait until tomorrow.

*SWI - social welfare institute. This is the name given to institutions which house orphans and senior citizens. If they live in the same one, their living quarters are kept separate.

Labels: ,



7 Comments:

Blogger Amydeanne said...

hi Magi! :)
Very interesting blog you have!

re: the candy bar wrapper. Blogger I think is acting up (It mustn't appreciate the party life lol), so if you email me (the160acrewoods@yahoo.ca) I can send it to you, or if you just right click on the picture, when you save it, it should be the full size!
Amydeanne

Blogger Jacquie said...

Um, hello???? You just bury that I-171 renewal in another post? I almost skipped right past it!

Yay for you guys!

Blogger Barb said...

Aaaaah. TA means travel approval. Thank you! It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what that meant.

Great party, Magi. Those driving conditions sound scary - good for you for just going home and staying off the streets.

I'm getting more excited for you and Jim with each passing day. I simply cannot wait to meet Sera.
:-)

Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for letting me visit your blog! My husband and I adopted a chile too (through foster care). Adoption is wonderful! Have a great party!

Blogger Michelle said...

I sure hope you can bring Sera home for her first birthday! What a party THAT will be!

Glad to hear your renewal came! Another important hoop jumped through :). Now for that TA and plane ride!!

Amy

Blogger Andrea said...

I've been lurking for a long time so I guess I'll use the party as an opportunity to delurk and say HI!!! I've been following your adoption process and am really excited to hear that it's almost time for Sera to come home!

By the way, are you fluent in French? I was so excited to see your post title in French. I took 12 years of French in school and you don't see it much in the good ole USA, usually just Spanish.

Well, happy party-ing! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG