.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, February 16, 2007
Take It All Off


Don't worry, I didn't use a flobee. Only professionals were involved in this procedure. What did I do? I cut off all my hair.

Trust me, it was long overdue. To totally age myself, I was starting to resemble this old SNL character



Yep, Roseanne Rosannadanna. Loved her!

My hair had gotten long. It was down below the braline on my back. It was about as long as I ever remember growing my hair. I have very thin, babyfine hair, but it's very curly, so it looks much thicker than it is. Well, that and hair product make it look thicker. The problem is that between the winter dryness and too long since I'd had a haircut, it was getting bushier and frizzier and just out of control. I would tame it down and pull it all back in a barrette to go in public, or I'd put it all in a scrunchy on the top of my head ala Pebbles when at home. Neither look was particularly flattering.

Right now, my hair looks cute. It's a stacked layered bob with the front slightly longer than the back. My natural haircolor is dark dull, matte brown with occasional silvery threads to highlight. My new hair color is an all over warm reddish-brown with lovely gold strands delicately highlighting my hair. The stylist blew it out and used a flat iron, so I look very, very posh right now.
In fact... it looks a lot like Posh Spice aka Victoria Beckham's hair in this shot, which I realized after I came home and saw her picture on a website. That's okay, I don't mind if she copies me.

How do you get a new style like this? Go to a salon, tell the stylist you want it all taken off. Tell her you suck at styling hair, will soon be spending two weeks travelling through China, and will then come home with a toddler. You need a low, low, low maintenance new look. I like it today. Let's see what horrors I can bestow on my new look when I wash and style it myself.

Labels:



11 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

You chicken! We want to see a photo of you! LOL

I hear you. I have no idea how my stylist manages to make it look perfect. It's just a disaster after the first time I wash it. I'm seriously considering the new, totally bald look. THAT'S low maintenance. And the only hair product I'd need is Windex.

Good for you - I'll be it's a refreshing change. And I'll bet Sera thinks you look beautiful.

:-)

Blogger Pug Mama said...

want photos.........mommy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.My.Goodness. You are a brave woman! I am to chicken to give a stylist all that power. Can't wait to pictures.

Blogger C's Mom said...

That's the part that bites. You can leave the salon all pep-in-da-step babealicious and then...you wash your hair. Back to crapsville for me unless I fiddle for an hour and I have no patience for that.

Let me know how yours goes in the next few days. I have a salon overahaul on Tuesday and it sounds like we have similar baby fine hair.

Blogger Colleen said...

Ohhhh sassy cut!! Loves it. Yup, now you need to figure out how to do it yourself. I know that I for one am NOT bringing my flat iron to China. I will go curly in a ponytail...better yet baseball hat.

Blogger Eden said...

I wanna see pics of you with your new haircut!!
I'm so excited for you that you will be going to China and coming back with your toddler!!!
Thank you for stopping by. I was wondering if I could add you to my blog list???
Have a great weekend!!

Blogger Pamela said...

Cute style Magi! I have really thin hair now too, didn't used to but now I just do the best I can with it. Would love to see the real you! :)

Blogger Mya said...

Cute Cut Magi! I have appt in 2 weeks and I am thinking of changing the style for the China trip as well!
Come on show us some pics!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so let'see it!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Where's the photo of YOU?! I'm sure your new hairstyle looks great!

A month after Snuggle Bug was born, I decided to cut off 12 inches of my hair and donate it to Locks for Love, mainly because every time I leaned over to pick up my baby, he'd get hopelessly tangled in my hair.

Now, I'm trying to grow it long again. Go figure! :)

Blogger Kate said...

A brave woman... I love and hate the big hairstyle-changes. And most of the time I seem to either wander around with no hair appointments at all, or just a trim, or I whack 18" of in one fell swoop. It's fun and terrifying all at once.

Not, actually, all that different from parenthood. Hmm.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG