.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, March 16, 2007
It's a Good Day!



Yay, I'm happy again. Our schools came through for us. We met with the superintendent this afternoon. He could not have been more gracious. We worked out the details and will be able to use our leave. Yesterday, I was worried about who I was working for. It felt like we were being tossed in the wind. Today, we feel affirmed and valued. It's a much better feeling.

My plan tonight is to get everything back in the closet, finish baby laundry (I found two more boxes of clothes), and vacuum the nursery. Tomorrow, we'll assemble the crib, put up the curtain rods, run to Target to get sleepers. I did tell you that I realized this week that we don't have even ONE sleeper that will fit Sera? All these clothes and not one sleeper. I have several for 18-month that would be huge. I even have a few for six-month that I think would be too small because of the length, but not one pair for 12-month. I'm also going to make and freeze some congee and a couple of dinners for when we return. That may stretch into Sunday.

I have about three pounds of fresh extra-lean ground beef from grass-fed local cows. Our local butcher was having an awesome sale. If you have any suggestions for a good freezer meal or two, feel free to leave it. My brain is having a hard time settling down these days.

I know I promised a post about swapping outfits with the orphanage. I now owe one on congee, too as I'm sure many of you are wondering what that is. I'll get to it this weekend. I promise.

Oh, and to clarify luggage questions. We're taking two 26" suitcases that we'll check, plus two 21" suitcases that we'll carry on. I'll also have the backpack diaperbag as my personal item/purse. I'm going to divide our things among the two 26" and one 21". The other 21" will carry electronics: laptop and cameras. I packed all of Sera's clothes and blankets in ziploc bags and they still filled a 21" by themselves. And that's without the sleepers!

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Well, thank goodness something is right with the world today! Great news :0)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking to offer my congrats on your great newss--especially your superintendent coming through for you both!

A thought on the meals:

Tater Tot Casserole. Not the healthiest/lowcal of options, but super easy and freezes great.

Another would be Sloppy Joes or Chili. Just pre-brown your ground beef and bag it in the freezer, then you can make it fresh.

Good luck. I'm sure your organization will pay off!

Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

This is all such great news. Congratulations and best wishes!

Blogger Jim McClain said...

Just to add to what Magi said, our school system has over 1,000 teachers. With one phone call, our superintendent was willing to meet with us within an hour and make everything right for us. I've been teaching 20 years and he is by far the best superintendent I've ever worked for.

Blogger Colleen said...

Magi - great news about the leave! :-) I can't wait to see some nursery pics...hurry up. (LOL...)

Ok - I feel better now - with you checking 2 suitcases....I was wondering how you were going to pull off one. Are you going to blog when you are there? What kind of adaptor did you get and where? (sorry for all the questions)

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that things are working out with your leave. That's fantastic!! :)

Don't worry about when you can participate in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. You just focus on bringing your little one home!! :) I'll still be around when you're ready to return. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG