.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Sing-along


All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go...
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane...

We have our consulate appointment! It's on April 10th, my sister's birthday. Our agency hasn't confirmed our flights yet, but they're tentative dates are leaving on March 27th (my nephew's birthday) and returning on April 12th. We'll be there for our anniversary (3/31) and Easter. It's an event filled time!
I've got to wrap up my errands: get our taxes done (we didn't procrastinate, we just got the last bit of info we needed), arrange for bill pay, finalize details with the house (and dog) sitter, pack our bags, buy a converter and some adaptors (I knew I was forgetting something), and whatever else appears on my list. We'll get our packing started by the weekend at the latest.
You'll never guess what else I forgot. Part of the reason why I wanted to pull out all the clothes, launder and sort them was to start packing what we'd take with us. Last night, I realized that while I have about a month's worth of onesies and socks, plenty of outfits, and even a couple of pairs of tights. I have three, count 'em, three sleepers. One is 6 month, and two are 18 month. I need to get some sleepers. Pronto!

Colleen asked me if I was going to always wash Sera's clothes separately. I doubt it. In fact, I threw a couple of my gentle cycle, line dry shirts in with the last load. I don't want to learn while we're living out of a hotel room in China that Sera is allergic to laundry detergent, etc... I figured a good washing in Dreft would help alleviate that concern. I've read so many stories of people who've adopted from China and there seems to be a common thread about sensitive skin issues.

Okay, time to step away from the computer and get back upstairs to work. I have so much to do, and I love it!

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

Ok, question for ya Magi! What's the difference between a converter and an adaptor? Do we need both?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!!! SO excited for you! Now get busy and don't forget to bring a thermos and tons of zip lock bags!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay - so excited for you guys! You will make it before Sera's birthday, which is awesome. Can't wait to follow your trip and see the pictures!!

Blogger mom said...

Congrats! You finally have a CA appointment! We were in China over our anniversary(10). How cool! It will be an anniversary to remember. I knew you would have Sera before Easter. Not long now my friend. Love the smurf. I have a few in my kiddos play room.

Blogger Colleen said...

YAY! Hey - April 10th is My Bday too!!! Fabulous day for celebration...LOL! So happy for you Magi.

2 questions: I also want to know about the converter/adaptor thing and where did you find? Also - what kind and how big of suitcases are you using? (you may have told me - I forgot) Still panicing about that...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG