.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Oh, A Shopping We Will Go


Jim and I took advantage of our Saturday morning to sleep in and then lie in bed and watch last week's episode of Battlestar Gallactica. We know those lazy weekend mornings are numbered, and we're perfectly okay with that.

Our friend, D and his son came over this afternoon to help Jim put together the armoire and dresser for the nursery. They started at 1:30. At 3:30 when D realized they weren't even halfway done, he said he had to run his son to an event, but then he'd come back to help finish. Jim volunteered me as the chauffeur, and I jumped at the opportunity. I was feeling the need to shop and this gave me the perfect excuse.

I went armed with the list I've been compiling with the goal of getting most of it finished. I met my goal! We've got input and output now taken care of (formula, bottles, diapers, and wipes). I've purchased just about everything we'll need for the trip. There are just a few things left to buy, like the under the shirt wallets we'll need. Honestly, those and a couple of snack traps may be it. Oh, and a few more things for gifts. I swear, the gifts are the most stressful part.

I wanted to treat this as one of our last weekends because it's a very real possibility that it is. I'm planning on us leaving around the 27th of March. I don't have dates yet, but I think that may be close. I seriously doubt it'd be earlier. My only worry is that it could be later. One member of the October Yahoo group just learned that their travel dates will overlap the Trade Fair in Guangzhou. They'll have to move hotels after one week, and the rate goes up to over $300.00 per night. They may have to reschedule their trip to May due to the costs. Keep all body parts crossed that we can get in and out by April 15th. That's when the Trade Fair starts. That will also have us home for Sera's first birthday!

Oh, and they did finish assembling the furniture at 7:30 this evening. Those men put in a hard day's work. Tomorrow we'll vacuum the room, and I'll start unpacking the closet. If he has any strength left, I'll ask Jim to put the crib together. If not tomorrow, then one night this week. It shouldn't take too long at all. Pictures of the finished nursery will be posted soon.

Site Meter is frustrating me again! It looks fine, but it's broken. It's been stuck at 16,703 for three days now. It keeps telling me my traffic is zero. I tried removing the html and copying it in again. I have an email in to Site Meter, but it's been two days since I emailed and no response yet. Grrrrr...

Labels:



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gifts are stressing me out too!

I don't think I will make it that far north this week. Sorry but you will have to clean your own house. lol

Blogger Jacquie said...

Hey Magi! You sound like you're doing great! And I love your March 27 date. From your lips to CCAA's ears.

Hey, how many diapers are your packing? And if you already answered this in our group, please forgive me. I'm having a hard time squeezing all this stuff into the suitcase and all this info into my head.

All I have to say is that FTIA better have us out of there before the 15th. No way do I want to pay a $345 a night hotel bill.

Blogger Barb said...

$300 a night. Wow.

What fun, getting the nursery furniture put together. That sure goes a long way toward making it all seem more real.

I deleted site meter ages ago. I decided not to care. Too stressful. And really, I don't care.

What a nice thing to do, to make one of your last calm quiet weekends special. Still excited here! :-)

Blogger Colleen said...

HOLY SHOPPING! Wow - you did great this weekend! I sure hope you are in and out by the 15th. I am crossing everything I promise.

Oh those gifts are stressing me big time!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG