.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Can You Ever Do Enough Shopping?


Even with all that shopping I did yesterday, I wasn't done. There were a few things I couldn't find at Meijers and still needed to do a Babies R Us run. When I mentioned it to Jim, he was quick to let me know he wanted to go. Since he'd never expressed any desire EVER to go inside Babies R Us to say I was startled would be putting it mildly. This morning I was thinking about it and even started wondering if he was upset that I did most of the shopping yesterday when he couldn't join me.

When we got in the car to head out, I asked him. Turns out his reason for wanting to go was two-fold. One, the weather is absolutely gorgeous this weekend. We have blue skies and temps in the 50's. It sure is a nice change from Wednesday's morning low of 5, plus he thought I said Toys R Us, not Babies R Us.

Since Toys R Us carries what I needed to get, I said we could go there instead. I bought the changing pad for the top of the dresser, a bottle of Dreft, and the outfit to give the orphanage in exchange. I also got a snack trap, cloth diapers because it seems you always need some absorbent material to clean up something, and a pack of diaper pins in case something needs pinning. Jim also bought Sera's birthday present to be revealed later. We even got a free umbrella stroller.

The only thing I wasn't able to get, and it was strange, was the cover for the changing pad. When I asked the store employee for a changing pad, he brought me a pack of Elmo disposable changing pads. I then showed him the pad I was buying and explained how in other Toys R Us there is a huge display of the covers right above them. They're all online, too. He went to the computer and found what I was talking about. He said that it was an item they were supposed to carry, but apparently didn't have a single one. He thinks there may have been a computer screw-up and the category got turned off for the purchasing department. That meant a stop at Babies R Us after all, but just for the cover.

A final stop at the grocery store for light bulbs for the lamps in the nursery and a few more gifts for the orphanage workers and the shopping was done for the day. Honestly, we're in really good shape. The only thing I can think of that we still really need to buy are the wallet-things. That's a good thing because this baby stuff adds up!!

Now, I'm off to play in the nursery. I have a huge closet filled with things that need to come out and get put away.

Tomorrow I'll explain why we're swapping an outfit with the orphanage.

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

I love it that you're having so much fun. This so reminds me of coming home from my baby shower and spending hours and hours unpackaging everything and putting it away.

Blogger Jacquie said...

I am in awe of your prepardedness. (Is that a word?)

Blogger Kate said...

I'm just so darn excited for you! Very, very soon now!!!

And, just for the record, when I view your website, Sitemeter seems higher than you'd posted it as - I can't remember what number you said, but it just read 19-something for me.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can never do enough shopping. Please tell that to anyone who judges us!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG