.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, January 27, 2007
I Came, I Saw, I Conquered


They never saw me coming. The place was packed. If you ever wondered what we do in the midwest on a cold, snowy day, I will reveal the secret. We go to Target. I wasn't going to let a little crowd stop me, I had a mission and that mission was to buy my baby-drugs.

I seriously doubt that Target has ever had any one as ridiculously happy shopping in their drug aisles before. Let me just say that if you're travelling with me, you're covered. I think I bought everything we could possibly need. I got everything on my list except for two items. They only stocked insulin syringes in packs of 50. Since I don't plan on bringing 50, and I didn't know what size I would need, I decided to wait until I talked to my doctor. I plan on bringing about three syringes with me because I've been told it's a good idea to bring your own in case of emergency. It is still fairly common practice to reuse syringes in China. If the baby, Jim, or I need a shot while we're in China, we'll give them one of our syringes to use.

The only other item on my list that I didn't buy was K*Y J*elly. They didn't have the plain old version. All they had was fancy stuff. Somehow I don't think my baby would appreciate that gentle warming action when I stick the digital thermometer up it's bum. Forgive the asterisks, but I don't want to know what kind of traffic I'd generate if someone Googled for that particular item. It could be vewwy scawwy.

For those of you in the same place as me right now, here's what I bought today. It's a mix of medicine and hygiene products for all three of us.

Aveeno Anti-Itch Cream
Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Baby Orajel Liquid Teething Medicine
Baby Orajel Tooth & Gum Cleanser
BenGay Back Patches
Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
California Baby Super Sensitive No Fragrance Shampoo/Bodywash
Children’s Benadryl, Dye-Free
Comfort Care Comb & Brush
Deluxe Nail Clipper with Magnifier
Dove 5-pk Cleansing Cloths
Fleet Children’s Suppositories
Generic Antibiotic Ointment
Generic Non-Drowsy Decongestant-adult
Generic Nyquil softgel
Gentle Naturals Homeopathic Teething Drops
Huggies Disposable Extra Sensitive Washcloths
Imodium Advanced Anti-Diarrheal & Anti-Gas Caplets
Johnson’s Baby Powder
Kleenex Travel Packs
Little Colds Decongestant Plus Cough
Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops
Little Tummys Gas Relief Drops, Dye-Free
Miconazole Nitrate for infected diaper rash
Motrin Dye-Free Infant’s Drops
Multi-Use Digital Thermometer
Pantene Hairspray-purse sized
Soft-Tip Nasal Aspirator
Tums
Tylenol Infants’ Drops
Tylenol PM
Vick’s BabyRub

I've come down from my shopping high and settled in to blog and drink my venti non-fat, decaf mocha no-whip. It feels good to mark one more thing of the to-do list.


7 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

I can't decide if I'm more in awe of you getting all this stuff or alphabetizing the whole list for us. One thing's for sure, this list freaks me out. I'm finding comfort in the fact that we'll probably be together. Whew.

Blogger Unknown said...

It wasn't hard to alphabetize. Word did all the work for me. I needed to type it in for my packing list anyway! I just really felt like I needed to do something adoption related this weekend. I'm trying not to buy clothes since we're not sure about gender. Baby meds don't care about gender. :O)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know if I forget anything, you are the go to girl! I have been checking and re-checking the packing list this weekend. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that is real! I am starting to freak out because we still don't have our homestudy back - we are waiting on the federal background check. They forgot to tell us that was a new thing until the very end! Nice huh! Diane at FTIA is telling me not to worry. Yeah right!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job!!! I wish I was traveling with you. I'm afraid to ask what all of that cost...eeek! Any of it on sale?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I think you stocked an entire daycare for a year! Ha!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! I've used only a very very small percentage of those products and my son is 2! :)

One thing that you really need is Aquaphor. That ointment is awesome! I use it on all of Snuggle Bug's body parts. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just FYI - insulin syringes are only deep enough for subcutaneous (in the fat) injections. You'll want longer needles for intramuscular injections.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG