.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, September 29, 2006
I Love America

America Ferrara has become one of my favorite young actresses. I first saw her in the 2002 movie, Real Women Have Curves. Last year, I saw her in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. In both movies, I thought she was a charming, beautiful, and very talented actress. When I heard she was starring in a television series being produced by Salma Hayak, I knew I'd give it a shot. I thought it was absolutely charming and fun!

The series is based on a telenovela that was originally produced in Columbia. It's now being recreated in multiple countries. The cast is magnificent in their over-the-top melodrama. In contrast, America's character, Betty, is played very realistically. This was an hour of television I really enjoyed. Betty is wonderful and real. I adore Ugly Betty.

Edited to add (ETA): If you missed the pilot on Thursday, I did some Internet sleuthing for you. I had heard that ABC Family was going to be rebroadcasting the episodes, but couldn't find it on their schedule. I did, however, find it on SoapNet. They are showing the pilot episode today (Saturday) at 12:00 p.m. EST and at 12:00 a.m. EST. Set your vcr, Tivo, whatever!


3 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

I loved Real Women Have Curves! Such a good movie.
I had Ugly Betty on last night (was looking foward to it all week) but my son was sick and I didn't get to see very much.

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Being a certified dude, I couldn't bring myself to watch "Sisterhood" (even though it also had Rory Gilmore in it), but I did see America in "Real Women Have Curves," and she was fantastic .. I hope her show succeeds, but up against Earl/The Office and Survivor, it's gonna be a tough ride

Blogger Colleen said...

I forgot to watch it!! Grrrr....next time. Oh - no that won't work, I'll be away - ok - the following week.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG