.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...
Autumn! Scared ya, didn't I? Today we had a high of 58, and we'll be in the low 40's tonight. We're having a bit of a cold spell. The temps should be back up to the 70's by the weekend. This should definitely kickstart the leaf changing. I love Fall up here. The trees are amazing, plus we get to drive a few miles north to Michigan and buy apples at the apple farm. Apple Cider will become plentiful. I will admit that I learned a new food custom when I moved up here. I'll confess that while I think it's good, I can really take it or leave it. What is it, you ask? Cider and doughnut holes. When I first heard of this combination I thought it sounded disgusting. I was thinking about sweet glazed doughnut holes and sweet apple cider. It was enough to make my teeth hurt. I quickly learned that the doughnut holes should be unglazed. The popular ones are the cakey ones that aren't as sweet. In fact, they're really kind of dry. The apple cider goes a long way to moistening up that treat.

The fall is going to be a little tougher than usual though. We're coming up on our one-year anniversary of submitting our adoption paperwork. I was sure we'd be taking our child for apples and looking for a Halloween costume to join the pre-dark, pre-K trick or treaters in our neighborhood.

On the other hand, I took this little quiz and learned I have all the time in the world.



Magi --

[noun]:

An immortal



'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com


2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I feel the same way about Fall this year. Halloween is one of my fav. times of the year, and I was so looking forward to getting pumpkins, decorating and getting costumes! Between that and Xmas, I'd like to go into hiding if I could until its time to pack for China!!

Blogger Pamela said...

Magi, what is the hold up? Why does it take so long for the adoption paperwork to go through? Here in Florida, we finally had temps drop, and lost most of the humidity...it actually feels like fall. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG