.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Works For Me Wednesday!


My tip today involves web addresses. Do you have any that are really long? Or maybe you copied a link from an article somewhere or a catalog item that's two plus lines long and you want to send it to someone. What you are looking for is a tiny url. All you need to do is go to www.tinyurl.com, and they'll hook you up! Here's an example of what it looks like:

The following URL:

http://www.amazon.com/Betsy-Butterfly-Hungry-Hamper/dp/B0006
ZPCMU/sr=8-4/qid=1158706957/ref=sr_1_4/103-9275887-2568632?i
e=UTF8&s=home-garden

has a length of 140 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 24 characters:

http://tinyurl.com/z47wq

And this is also an example of why it's helpful. Notice how the long link to Amazon broke when I made a hyperlink of it. Now look at the tiny url version. It works for me!

For more great tips, visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's good to know. I've tried to post urls that go way over to the side, then aren't competely visible.

Blogger Nettie said...

That is a nifty idea! I sometimes wish I had mad my blog url shorter. If I had only known how many times I would be typing that long thing out!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thanks.

Blogger Unknown said...

That is so cute! I am not very tech-saavy, but I would like to be, so this is a good hint!!

Blogger Chilihead2 said...

Excellent tip! thanks!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, this is a great tip! I've never heard of this before. I'm bookmarking this one. Thanks!

Thanks for your comment on my list of age appropriate children’s chores post. I’ll be emailing that list, to everyone that requested a copy, later this afternoon.

Blogger Lindsey said...

Wow, what a cool site! Thanks so much for sharing! Happy WFMW!

Blogger Pamela said...

Magi, this is the best! I can't believe there is a site like this...good to know. You are so helpful. :)

Never heard of this before, thank you for the tip. How original is the name of your blog. Please, a pastry with my coffee and my new friends from the blogging world! Yeah!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG